BT Homehub & Xbox live open/strict NAT

TongueFlap

Flappin'
VIP Junglist
How the DEUCE do i set this bastard up.

I need my NAT settings to be open, so I can join mates games etc etc.
but ive tried everything i can think of.

HELP!?!

$marty

Dexcell
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
I usually turn my router off for a minute or so, load up the game I wanna play, then get them to invite me to their game.

MARKLAR

International Tracksuit Salesman
VIP Junglist
theres a video on the dashboard the insiders i was quite pissed wen i watched it but im pretty sure they spoke about that
wats ur gamertag anyway?

Sicx

VIP Junglist
Yeah there was a thread about doing this on the Halo 3 forum. Its pretty complex i think, and beware because i've heard stories about people completly fucking up their internet and routers and shit.

TongueFlap

Flappin'
VIP Junglist
Yeah there was a thread about doing this on the Halo 3 forum. Its pretty complex i think, and beware because i've heard stories about people completly fucking up their internet and routers and shit.
im sure it wont go this far haha

oh and @ Simon, my tag is P3t3c

Bad Ace

Close2Death
VIP Junglist
type into ur web browser bthomehub.home
go to advanced settings
put ur username etc in
go to application sharing
now......u should have a menu under game application.....select xbox live then select ur xbox on the list and select add.
now go to devices,click on edit next to ur xbox (as standard u will see the xbox ip address)
tick always use the same ip address. then save
now jus restart ur router.and it SHOULD b open. (y)

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
my mate had this trouble on his ps3, couldn't set up his internet at all.

what he tried was to get a wired connection to the ps3 (i think you can?) and that sorted the problem i think. I think they swapped to talk talk and that solved the problem..

have you checked all your firewall settings? sometimes that may prevent a connection being made. ie if your pc using the same internet suspects that traffic on the router is harmful it may prevent it :/

TongueFlap

Flappin'
VIP Junglist
wireless or wired?
wired into my imacs airport

type into ur web browser bthomehub.home
go to advanced settings
put ur username etc in
go to application sharing
now......u should have a menu under game application.....select xbox live then select ur xbox on the list and select add.
now go to devices,click on edit next to ur xbox (as standard u will see the xbox ip address)
tick always use the same ip address. then save
now jus restart ur router.and it SHOULD b open. (y)
thx
my mate had this trouble on his ps3, couldn't set up his internet at all.

what he tried was to get a wired connection to the ps3 (i think you can?) and that sorted the problem i think. I think they swapped to talk talk and that solved the problem..

have you checked all your firewall settings? sometimes that may prevent a connection being made. ie if your pc using the same internet suspects that traffic on the router is harmful it may prevent it :/
yup yup done all of that