BSE & Noisia - Hideous (Menosance Remix)

MisterApe

8bit junkie
VIP Junglist
Interesting remix! Can't really listen to it properly because I can't listen on my monitors for a few weeks.

But I think you've definitely made it sound very interesting to listen to sound design wise : ).
I'd suggest using your own drum breaks to make it a bit more unique though!

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Interesting remix! Can't really listen to it properly because I can't listen on my monitors for a few weeks.

But I think you've definitely made it sound very interesting to listen to sound design wise : ).
I'd suggest using your own drum breaks to make it a bit more unique though!
Thanks man. I might add a shaker or conga to the drums but nothing more. Thanks once again :)

Dark Lizardro

The Lizard that has a hammer
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Don't worry you still manage to finish the track :) . I tend to finish remixes in 2-3 hrs. Originals in much less like 1-2 hrs. How did you find the track though wingz?? :D
2-3hs for remixes and 1-2hs for original? Man, what runs through your veins? Red Bull? :)

wingz

everyones fav austrian
VIP Junglist
it's easy. see. lets say you got a solid foundation for a tune here. first you sleep over it. then the next time you go on it you start refining stuff and try to get some sorta groove going or something. a-b with some professional productions to see where your weakness(es?) lie(s) and what you can do better. i recommend voxengo span (http://www.voxengo.com/product/span/ it's free), it's very good for a-b'ing with other tunes coz you can see the spectrum and how a professional production should look in terms of frequencies and such.

anyhow it's just an advice, you should spend more time on a tune, rome hasn't been built in one day either.. ;)

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
it's easy. see. lets say you got a solid foundation for a tune here. first you sleep over it. then the next time you go on it you start refining stuff and try to get some sorta groove going or something. a-b with some professional productions to see where your weakness(es?) lie(s) and what you can do better. i recommend voxengo span (http://www.voxengo.com/product/span/ it's free), it's very good for a-b'ing with other tunes coz you can see the spectrum and how a professional production should look in terms of frequencies and such.

anyhow it's just an advice, you should spend more time on a tune, rome hasn't been built in one day either.. ;)
Thanks wingz for the link. I do sleep on the track though but if I where to measure the time taken overall to produce the track, without including time resting due to ear fatigue or the creative time thinking what to do, it becomes around 1 - 2 hrs (original and on average). I would only post it here once I am fully satisfied with the track even if there is a mistake which I can seem to hear or see. I shall start to use that plugin though. Thanks again for the link. :)

Pyrococcus

Urban Break Twister
Hm, I miss a distinct bassline here, the bass area is quite wishy-washy, no real fundament for the beats.
If you can't beat the original technically (who ever could?), the material should be interpreted in some other (sub-)style, I'd say.

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Hm, I miss a distinct bassline here, the bass area is quite wishy-washy, no real fundament for the beats.
If you can't beat the original technically (who ever could?), the material should be interpreted in some other (sub-)style, I'd say.
Thanks for the comments mate. I am not trying to go neuro on my remix. I usually do melodic stuff on my originals but since the original is neuro I thought I'll keep the aggresiveness but insert my melodica in the track. Thanks for the comments still :)

subprime

Dysjoint
VIP Junglist
My first impression was similar about the bassline, it's an interesting approach you've taken. Sounds ok, you could definitely take it further.