BRUTAL CRITICISM WANTED please!

awfulmodel

Lately I've been in a bit of a slump and I feel my tracks are missing something but I honestly don't know what it is.

I've only been making dnb for a few months now but I feel like I've hit a wall (if thats the right word)

So ANY criticism good/bad/mediocre/you suck/you need more x.. Hopefully will help me get over it. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
slow the bpm down to about 172/144
try and cut a little bit of decay of your high hats that are ticky tick, the whole kit sounds like there's a bit of a low pass on it, try and layer some higher end hits on ur snares.
idea is nice and i like what you did to the second drop
just keep doing it man

Dont get too stressed about it mate, it happens to the best of us.

I regularly hit slumps in my productions, infact I'm more in a slump than I am out of one if I'm honest. We all get writers block, it happens. Try to just create different sounds, instead of a whole track, sometimes you'll create a sound by accident and it will spark some inspiration.

My bit of brutal criticism: It doesn't sound DnB enough...

:|

Seriously though, it sounds like you are on the right track and know what you are doing, just listen to these guys, they definitely know what they are talking about (this forum is filled to the brim with production geniuses!! A bit of work on teh drums and a bit of sound variation and you have a proper banger! I personally would add a bit more of a bang to the first drop though but thats just me!

Thx for checking it out. I want my stuff to sound different, although maybe I stray too far...?

Just kidding when I said that, it sounds fine bro. I get that you want it to sound different though and it does I think, fine tune

you post have a funny title!
however
your track is no good, I'm sorry, you have to do more practice with...almost all: BPM(LOOOOOL), synt, drums, eq... don't be discouraged, with the past of the time you'll understand your lack

Don't be discouraged it takes a while to learn how music works when your are making it rather than listening to it. When he says BPM he means it's to fast (even for D'n'B). Take it down to 170 and see how that sounds. Also your drums sound very MIDI, try and use audio samples rather than MIDI drums kits it will sound a lot better in the long run with the correct EQ. It was a bit brutal on Clusters part but he's kinda right the whole track is a bit mental and off putting. We were all making tracks like this when we first started out but you just need to keep at it.

Watch videos, read magazines and research as much as you can from your favourite producers. In time you'll understand what is needed from a track and you'll know how to get your desired sound. Hell we are all still learning so keep at it. Hope it helps a little :)

Drum patterns are sounding pretty dull, u need more varioatins and twists, and layers of drums. not just the constant hi hat pattern.
I can ehar that u have very high bpm, probably to make the drums sound busier as they are so simple, slow it down and get in more drums to make them busier.
Musically its not very interesting either, dont really feel the melodies or the sounds used

brutality coming up: (agree with previous comments too) drums need more punch, the biggest element is the hats, but the kick and snare aint holding up, bass doesnt have much grit to it, synths and pads are too loud, but, kool ideas in there, that constant dadadadadada stab isnt doing much for me, maybe automate it up so it progresses and changes more, kool ideas tho anyways, it could be kool, if you work allot on the mixdown, and get things glued together in the arrangement better, theres plenty in there to suggest that it culd go sumwhere good with plenty of attention, keep at it man, u'll get there!

Last edited:
DjSammy-T;1056960It was a bit brutal on Clusters part but he's kinda right the whole track is a bit mental and off putting. :)[/QUOTE said:
Yea, like the title states though it's what I wanted! People saying "not bad" and "good" and stuff like that really doesn't get me anywhere in terms of learning and I seriously appreciate all the comments.

Back
Top Bottom