Brookes Brothers - Tear You Down (Total Harmonic Control Torn Up Mix)

Wasn't to keen on the pan flute type sound in the intro drop was pretty rude! Liked the beat though, thought it was rolling! Good effort mate!

Cheers for your input.

Must be a taste thing, as your the first person to not like the drums and bassline :P

The original sounded hollow to me, the kick was too...plain I guess, so I phattened it up somewhat, resequenced my own pattern.

not to detract though...its one of my favourite tracks. I knew it would be a lot to contend with.

cheers again.

And about the flute thing....I kinda agree, i've been tossing up weather or not to remove it :P i'll experiment some more!

Thanks! :P

I'm liking this man, the drums are nice and strong, not weak. The bass I think is very good, it compliments the beat and the rest of it. The chopped up vocals are cool, but in some places they seem sorta outta time? Only a slight bit but you can sorta notice it.

Overall quite a good remix man. peace

well of course it is a MASSIVE undertaking to remix a track like this one. i think you fared very well - i certainly couldn't have remixed it this well. to be totally honest i still prefer the original, but there's nothing wrong with this.

Really feeling this. Really fluid arrangement and nicely placed frequencies.

A couple of things I've noticed is the mix is a little low happy on my monitors. Vocals could do with a bit more clarity/boosting in the upper ranges and it sounds as though the mix is overly compressed possibly at mastering stage.

Everything else is really good, keep it up! Lovin' this tune..

cheers for the love :P

lots of good stuff comes out of perth :P

Bad Robot,
Phetsta,
Shockone,
Pendulum (not so good these days)
Myself (hawhawhaw),
Mr Eggchan here,
and Rregula, to name a few.

But really, apart from our rather lively DnB scene, theres fuck all else here. And I think those "vitamins" your talking about start with the name "crystal ..."

jjk :D

well i would like to say i feel bad for your situation down there, but as long as it keeps producing the dnb like it is, i say thank god there's f*ck all else for you to do!

cheers for the love :P

lots of good stuff comes out of perth :P

Bad Robot,
Phetsta,
Shockone,
Pendulum (not so good these days)
Myself (hawhawhaw),
Mr Eggchan here,
and Rregula, to name a few.

But really, apart from our rather lively DnB scene, theres fuck all else here. And I think those "vitamins" your talking about start with the name "crystal ..."

jjk :D

eggchan? Pffff
props for the diplomacy dood :)
the rest you mention give perth a good name (including yourself)
and are an inspiration to the rest of us noobs
crystal=bad D5=good
chan

Genuine props eggchan, I was listening to all your Shizuoka on soundcloud. Your stuff is of a high standard! Quality of your mixdowns are great.
To the person who said about the over compressed sound, that was by design. It turned out exactly how I wanted it. A less pronounced version of spors mixdowns. I love that pumping sound. I've made some adjustment to this track now anyway. I'll post v2.0 on hre when I get home tonight!

Peace all,
regards,
Matt

ps I was joking about the crystal thing ;) all my stuff is produced while either sober, or slightly tipsy lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom