BROOKES BROTHERS ALBUM - BBK

S

Subsonicdeejay1

Phil Brookes rang me earlier when i was in the Fish & Chip shop and from what he said him and his brother have been locked in the chamber of buttons working hard on their album. He said they have started a load of tracks and its shaping up nicely so far. They are trying to write at least 3 or 4 new big tunes to feature on the album. My prediction is that this will be one of the biggest and best albums to drop in the scene to date. I'm going up to their studio on the next RAM night to grab a listen of what they have come up with and i'll fill you guys in when i do. They havn't made one poor tune in my opinion and i know Scott and Andy at RAM are gutted they didnt get to sign these two... RAM would be ridiculous if they had :rinsed:

yeah, definartly consistant producers, you can't fault them on that front.

woulda been sick if they were at ram, loads co labs with sub focus, culture shock. woulda liked to have seen them hook up with lomax too.

sub focus and lomax would be deadly.

They will no doubt do another colab with Culture Shock and Furlonge in the future and i'm guessing they may do a thing with Subfocus on their album...

Slightly off topic but FURLONGE has had tunes signed to VIPER for 2009 which is great news for Dom because i know how hard he's worked on developing his sound... He's been working on a couple of things with Culture Shock..them two are lethal together in the studio. Proper Cinematic Sci Fi

FRESH has the Brookes studio bound atm with little contact from people so they dont get distracted. Brookes have a big 2009 ahead and a long career in music. They make me proud to be into Drum and Bass music.

Phil Brookes rang me earlier when i was in the Fish & Chip shop and from what he said him and his brother have been locked in the chamber of buttons working hard on their album. He said they have started a load of tracks and its shaping up nicely so far. They are trying to write at least 3 or 4 new big tunes to feature on the album. My prediction is that this will be one of the biggest and best albums to drop in the scene to date. I'm going up to their studio on the next RAM night to grab a listen of what they have come up with and i'll fill you guys in when i do. They havn't made one poor tune in my opinion and i know Scott and Andy at RAM are gutted they didnt get to sign these two... RAM would be ridiculous if they had :rinsed:
I agree they haven't written a bad tune yet and I'm sure their album will definitely be one of the best modern dnb albums about.

You know i'm glad they're not on Ram. I don't mean it in a disrespective way at all, but Ram's schedule is far too backed up as it is with C&S and Subfocus, if Brookes were there too their stuff would take ages to come out and they'd probably be too worried about writing everything as a smasher. I've actually loved how BBK has handled them so far. For a label best known for Pendulum, Fresh & Adam have done a really great job pushing the Brookes (y)

Jumbo sausage & chips was it? :)
Cheers for the info on this, so excited about this album. Brookes Brothers never disappoint!

I agree they haven't written a bad tune yet and I'm sure their album will definitely be one of the best modern dnb albums about.

You know i'm glad they're not on Ram. I don't mean it in a disrespective way at all, but Ram's schedule is far too backed up as it is with C&S and Subfocus, if Brookes were there too their stuff would take ages to come out and they'd probably be too worried about writing everything as a smasher. I've actually loved how BBK has handled them so far. For a label best known for Pendulum, Fresh & Adam have done a really great job pushing the Brookes (y)

I agree mate! I want to hear BARON back on it tho...that guy has got so much producing talent and he's still on BBK

i remember at inno in the dam 07 Fresh said Baron and Adam F might be working on album each...something along those lines. sounds tasty

big up Subsonic for the info as usual!

Lots happening on BBK this year

BBK NEWS 1/09

Happy new year to you all...

We'll be celebrating with a killer lineup back home at Fabric on Jan 16

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp40/breakbeatkaos08/bbk_january_frontwebonly.jpg

THE BROOKES BROTHERS

Still reeling from the unexpected and overwhelming response to 'Tear you down' (which spent two weeks on Radio 1's B List!) and their recent mixes of 'Crazy World' for J Magic, 'Seattle' for BPA (Fatboy Slim) and the mesmorizing mix of 'Star Guitar' for Shinichi Osawa. The Brothers Brookes have moved over to Coda Agency and are taking bookings via lou@codaagency.com, while hibernating in the studio as they prepare to unleash their debut album later in 2009.

DJ FRESH

The warmup single for his new album 'Golddust' was voted in the top 5 dance tunes of 2008 by IDJ, and has been hailed as one of the biggest tunes of 2008. Licensed to Ministry of Sound/Data, it will be rereleased in 2009 with new mixes as a lead single to the new as yet untitled album, featuring the new tracks Hypercaine, Acid Rain, X Project VIP and many more to be announced. Fresh will also be revamping 'Soundweapon' around the new album material for gigs in Summer 2009' .. watch this space ....

ADAM F
Currently in the studio working on tracks for a new REDMAN & Methodman Album scheduled for late 09. He is also working on his 2nd film score (DnB) for Buena Vista films and has appeared in his 2 first films acting along side the legend Richard E.Grant and a cameo part with Vinnie Jones scheduled for release in late 09. Watch out for a new Adam F album on BBK with DnB flavours returning to the days of the classic Colours album release on EMI.

BARON
Having recently finished the soundtrack for the new skating video for LA's infamous Flip crew. Baron is back in the studio and half way through a new as yet untitled album also to be released in 2009.

SIGMA
Joining the BBK stables this year, the exciting duo have been causing a stir both in the worlds of dnb and breaks. Their new single 'Something Special/El Presidente' VIP is out in on their new label 'Life' in February, followed by the massive 'Paint it Black' on Hospital in April. A collaboration single with Fresh is set to be their first BBK release later this year.

NERO - "Act Like you Know"
The next single on BBK, Nero has fuzed dancefloor dnb with electro and dubstep influences to create an upfront lingering killer, scheduled for release in early 2009.

Back
Top Bottom