Broken syntax [hard futuristic drum and bass] Neomind

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Neomind, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

2. Neomind

3. Scatcat

Scatcat It don't mean shit

not my thing tbh but it's made well man. Sorry I'm not really the right person to give feedback on a tune like this, cus i dnt rele listen to much else like it. Keep it up tho haha

4. Nacon

Nacon Vidual

loving the glitches, on my crappy headphones , it sounds pretty okay as well , nice effort.

5. Neomind

thanks guys! this is supposed to be released under Unjustified Records on a non profit cd ;)
    I really put a big effort on every bit of this song... i'm glad you liked it!

6. Neomind

haha, it's apreciated anyway that you took the time to listen to it :)

7. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

yea production value is good mate. have started to appreciate alot more sub genres recently. the darker/harder style creeps in every now and then and can really appreciate the effort you've put into this. all the different glitch cuts and drum beats must of taken a long time so bigups mate. mixdown sounds crisp aswell.
    Nice one mate

8. Neomind

first, thanks a lot in taking the time on listening to it.
    Have anyone yet noticed the stereo panning at 4:07 ? I was expecting more people to talk about it hah.

And yes in the harder/darker subgenres is the effort on the drums which takes a lot of time... also letting the song breath every 16 bars it's a bit hard to with a brickwall of sound such as this... tried my best.

Thanks Freek, feel free to add me on aim neomindmusic@gmail.com or PM for feedback on your tunes :)

9. n.minas

n.minas Member

Neomind, Just returning the feedback bro, i love the darker glitchy side of dnb and you hit it right on the head with a sledge hammer mate!!!

Bigup for this track man it sounds deep,

Im not much of a producer but from my ears i would say that the melody synth thing you have going on could do with not being so repetative and have a little more change in the melody or arangement itself. Not trying to put you down bro, infact the complete opisite but im just saying that the rest of the track seemed to keep me interested where as that melody became tedious to my ears after a while and i was begging for more of a change.

Its only that sound that did not apeal to me but this could all be down to ones taste, the rest of the track is above me in production terms and in also in a realm of its own!

Bless man and keep up the good work, you sounds heavy!

10. Neomind

what synth you mean? there are 3 melodies going on, the reese the lead and the pad at the last part of the song. Which one? I guess the reese?

Thanks for your feedback man, really apreciate it ;)

11. Fuj

Fuj New Member

Ez Jav,

That was intense! Like u said there's alot going on here..... esp the highs & mid/highs, can be reigned in abit. Good structure, builds up well.... and it just keeps going! Overall, muy bien!

12. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

I can see why Joe (Krafty) wanted this on his label. Right up his street. Good production values and the bass and melody work well together and are quite emotive.

13. Neomind

Thanks for the feedback guys! =)
    but, what you mean with "can be reigned in a bit"? that there should me more mids high mids? or that these are a bit loud?... imo it's a bit lacking sometimes.
    btw, I like your track "still here" a lot ;)

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

"Quite emotive" I like that ;)

Thanks for the feedback again! =)

14. n.minas

n.minas Member

I think its the lead im refering to mate, it comes in on the first drop and is like a beeping sound. Its the only thing in the track that didnt do it for me but as i said b4 its probably just down to preference.