Brofski's Hip Hop News Thread

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
Right, so I'll try and post daily (maybe not at weekends) any news, rumours and upcoming albums in the world of Hip Hop.

Feel free to add to it.

Some albums rumoured to be dropping this year.

Jay Electronica - ???
Sean Price - Mic Tyson
Saigon - Greatest Story Never Told
Cormega - Born & Raised
Cam'ron - Crime Pays
Raekwon - OB4CL II
Clipse - Til The Casket Drops
Killer Mike - 16 In The Kitchen
Chamillionaire - Venom
Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3
Mos Def - The Ecstatic
Skyzoo - The Salvation
Royce Da 5'9" - Street Hop
Fabolous - Loso's Way
Dr. Dre - Detox (again....)
M.O.P. - The Foundation
Method Man & Redman - Blackout 2
Rakim: The Seventh Seal
Jadakiss: The last kiss
Lupe Fiasco: LupEND
Kanye West: Get ass job
Saigon:The Greatest Story Never Told
Rhymefest El Che
Common: The Believer
Goodie Mob's reunion album
Killah Priest- BTSG 2
Hell Razah- Heaven Razah and the 2nd THUG Angelz album
Evidence- Cats & Dogs
Cunninlynguists- Strange Journey
Meth & Red- Blackout 2
K-Rino/Z-Ro collab album
One Be Lo's next album
2nd Reflection Eternal album
Brother Ali's new album & EP
Mos Def- Ecstatic
Grouch & Eligh- Say G&E
Speech's solo album
Rakim- 7th Seal
Ghost's "R&B" album
B-Real- Smoke N Mirrors
Killarmy's Reunion Album

Looks like a few sick albums will be dropping this year. A lot won't, but meh.

Busta talks more about the "Cuban Linx 2" album:
Busta Rhymes told MTV News that the Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II campaign has finally started. Last week, Raekwon the Chef dropped "Criminology '09," and Mr. Rhymes said more music is coming soon — so is the album. "I saw that purple casing of the cassette," Busta remembered about the day he bought the first Only Built 4 Cuban Linx LP in 1995."I ain't never seen that before." Cuban Linx has been heralded by fans and critics as one of the greatest contributions to the hip-hop catalog — not only because of RZA's cinematic soundscape, but because of the descriptive lyrical play between Rae and Ghostface Killah.
"I went in the car and played that," Busta continued of the purple tape. "I got to the intro, and I couldn't get pass the intro, because in the intro, it sounded like they were sniffing coke. I was like this sh-- is crazy, because this ain't cool. In the traditional fashion of hip-hop or just [in society], we looked at somebody like if you sniffed coke, you're a fiend. But they was so gangsta." Rae and Ghost's opus was heralded as a musical page out of "Scarface," in which they showed the consequences of dealing with drugs. "I was like, 'This sh-- is so movie, before I even get to the first song,; " Busta thought back excitedly. "I was like, 'This is something I wish was mine.' " Rhymes said executive-producing Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II is an opportunity he's waited for his entire life.
"The opportunity presented itself overseas," he explained about how the new LP started. "I forget what country it was in, but me and Rae was backstage I think Mobb Deep was there. Rae, I was like, 'Yo, man, I respect Immobilarity and R.A.G.U. and all them other albums, but why won't you ever go back and do another Cuban Linx?' He said, 'You think we should do it?' I was like, 'You have to do it! You owe it to so many people, B. You owe it to us. I don't care what you feel, what you think, what you say. Whatever I need to do to facilitate that, let's just start, see where it goes.'" Bus and Rae went back to New York and started recording. Busta got the beats together, and Rae went in hard with his armory of rhymes. "He was touching them beats like an unbelievable seven-star general of live-wire MCing," Bus said. "At the time, I was at Aftermath. We had put together enough songs. And when Dre heard it, he was like, 'Here.' Dre gave him five beats. RZA came to the table and started giving him the traditional classic, grainy foundation of Wu-Tang sound. J Dilla, I had that relationship. Got some joints from Ma Dukes. Hit him off with joints. [Rae] had a collection of bangers and started to sew it all together."
Although Linx II doesn't have a release date yet, Bus said it will give the "seventh-seal stamp on hip-hop" when it does drop.

Is this only your news thread or can I say that MF Dooms albums coming out on the 24th March and theres a Guilty Simpson album entirely produced by Madlib coming out, if me posting this has offended you sweet cheeks then I am sorry.

Joe Budden - Padded Room
Label: Amalgam Digital February 24, 2009

8Ball - Memphis All-Stars: Cars, Clubs, & Strip Clubs
Label: 8Ways February 24, 2009

B-Real - Smoke N Mirrors
Label: Duck Down February 24, 2009

Havoc - Hidden Files
Label: Koch February 24, 2009

Birdman & Rick Ross - The H
Label: Cash Money March 2, 2009

Bizzy Bone - Back With The Thugz
Label: Hi Powered Entertainment March 10, 2009

J-Hood - Talez From The Hood
Label: ODG March 10, 2009

Jadakiss - The Last Kiss
Label: Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam March 10, 2009

Krumbsnatcha - Hidden Scriptures
Label: Str8 Up March 10, 2009

Mims - Guilt
Label: American King/Capitol March 10, 2009

Bubba Sparxx - The Impolite Gentleman
Label: Koch March 10, 2009

Brother Ali - The Truth Is Here
Label: Rhymesayers Entertainment March 10, 2009

Capone-N-Noreaga - Channel 10
Label: SMC March 17, 2009

Mr. Lif - I Heard It Today
Label: Bloodbot Legacy Enterprises March 17, 2009

7th Veil (Kool Keith & H Bomb) - Stoned
Label: L.A. Hill March 17, 2009

Ron Browz - Etherboy
Label: Universal Motown March 17, 2009

Missy Elliott - Block Party
Label: Atlantic March 17, 2009

MF Doom - Born Like This
Label: Lex March 24, 2009

Guru - Guru 8.0: Lost And Found
Label: 7Grand March 24, 2009

Camp Lo - Stone & Rob Caught On Tape
Label: Soulfever Inc. March 24, 2009

Busta Rhymes - Back On My B.S.
Label: Universal Motown March 24, 2009

Bow Wow - New Jack City, Part 2
Label: Columbia March 24, 2009

Slim Thug - Boss Of Bosses
Label: Koch March 24, 2009

Peedi Crakk - A Night In The Life
Label: Amalgam Digital March 24, 2009

Paul Wall - Fast Life
Label: Asylum March 24, 2009

Jim Jones - Pray IV Reign
Label: Sony March 24, 2009

Joe Budden - The Growth
Label: March 28, 2009

Aceyalone - The Lonely Ones
Label: Decon March 31, 2009

Mike Jones - Voice Of The Strees
Label: Asylum March 31, 2009

Mos Def - The Ecstatic
Label: Downtown March 31, 2009

50 Cent - Before I Self Destruct
Label: Shady/Aftermath/Interscope March 31, 2009

UGK - 4 Life
Label: Jive/Zomba March 31, 2009

Nas & Damian Marley working on an album...

"Right now, I'll tell you first, I'm working on an album with Damian Marley, and we tryin' to build some schools in Africa with this one, and trying to build empowerment," he said. "We're tryin' to show love and stuff with this album. So, the record's ... all about really the 'hood and Africa also as well. That's coming out real soon."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1604589/20090209/nas.jhtml

Wtf is Primo playing at??

Nas and Jay-Z may have given him the cold shoulder but there is one popular New York rapper who wants a DJ Premier beat on his album?50 Cent. Primo revealed in December that a beat he had submitted for the G-Unit honcho to use on his upcoming album Before I Self Destruct, had been turned down. But rap fans including Primo himself would be met with surprise when 50 used the beat and leaked it as a freestyle titled "Shut Your Blood Clot Mouth" via his website earlier this month. [Listen to ?Shut Your Blood Clot Mouth?] Apparently the positive reception that the track received has 50 interested in officially using the beat. Premier revealed on his Sirius Radio show Saturday (January 17), that he is currently in talks with 50's camp to put finishing touches on the track and add it to Before I Self Destruct. "We're kinda in the old negotiation process right now and that's where it stands," Primo divulged. "I'mma leave it at that" Primo revealed his excitement in the possibility of collaborating with 50 Cent. "I just wanna fuck with the dude just on the strength that I know how to keep it ghetto with him and I know how to bring 50 into the forefront of what the streets want," Premier said. "It?s a good marriage". Before I Self Destruct was slated for release next month but has now been pushed to March. A tracklist for the album which was revealed earlier this month displayed production from Dr. Dre, Hi-Tek, Scott Storch and Red Spyda, among others.

http://www.sixshot.com/articles/13749/

Looks like Cam’ron is not only staging a musical comeback, the Dipset leader also has plans for hitting the small screen. Killa recently revealed to XXLmag.com that he plans to follow in “Seinfeld” creator Larry David’s shoes, as he is currently working on a show that he describes as a “black ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm.’”

The Harlem MC is apparently a huge fan of David’s hit HBO series. Calling it his favorite show, he said, “I got a sitcom coming out but we don’t have a title exactly to it yet. It’s like black ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm.’”

Staying true to Curb’s unique brand of Jewish humor, Cam – who once had a DVD in the works called “Here’s Cam’ron (You Little Yentas)” – says that he wants to include Jewish people in the project. “Right now while I’m writing my show, it’s a lot of stuff that has to do with Jewish people,” he said. “So I called my lawyer, my man Andrew Bergman, and I’m like listen, would I be allowed to do this because I don’t wanna offend anybody.”

Along with his sitcom, Cam will also be following up his 2006 DVD Killa Season in the near future. While he’s opting to release it on the net at first, Cam says the computer might not be the only place fans can catch it. “It’s definitely on the Internet, but I got a few people that tell me - I don’t wanna get into names - but they’re saying that it might go major if the episodes that I film are good,” he shared. “I’m gonna shoot about six episodes and I got a few people that’s interested. I don’t wanna get too many details.”

As previously reported Cam is featured on the new cover of XXL magazine’s upcoming April issue, hitting stands on Feb. 24th. The cover story includes the rapper finally speaking on his enigmatic hiatus, Diplomats ownership, being an alleged “paper gangster” and the root of his rifts with Jim Jones and Juelz Santana, among other things. His new album Crime Pays is scheduled to come to shelves in April via Asylum Records

Haha, random as fuck

Back
Top Bottom