Brockie??

DJFlax

Is it just me, and I'm not hating or anything, but does it seem brockie doesn't really have the love for the dnb scene anymore.

Every time I've seen him (numerous times, spanning about 3 years) he plays the same set, with the same tunes and he doesn't seem to get sent any dubs from anyone (otherwise he'd play them, obviously).
I also vaguely remember an interview with him and mentioned something about how he's mostly interested in getting paid or something.
What does everyone else think?

Maybe I'm completely off the mark, but anyone see what I see?
:confused::confused::boxing:

respect to him if he wont play all the shit that gets released now
he cant mix anyway
hes a great selector of tunes so maybe hes still playing the tunes that he feels are right - its his perogative after all

i cant say anything about him just wanting to get paid... but if hes ust repeating the same sets which it does seem so, then maybe he just sees it as a job. meh unless anyone knows him cant reli say

i cant say anything about him just wanting to get paid... but if hes ust repeating the same sets which it does seem so, then maybe he just sees it as a job. meh unless anyone knows him cant reli say

good point, djing shouldnt be about the money tho imo

I think yes, he´s not the best mixer..but fuck annoying doubledrops..he´s not bad coz he´s not doubledropping:

hahah how the fuck can a double drop be annoying, really sir you are part of a very small minority that thinks that. If done correctly double drops one of the best things asbout mixing. Sigma are the king of double drops in my eyes, never ever thought of one is annoying but i aint 30 lol!

hahah how the fuck can a double drop be annoying, really sir you are part of a very small minority that thinks that. If done correctly double drops one of the best things asbout mixing. Sigma are the king of double drops in my eyes, never ever thought of one is annoying but i aint 30 lol!

Maybe I´m oldfashioned but I like my tunes one after another, otherwise I can´t really celebrate them...if done correctly OK, maybe I overreacted a little but I can´t stand forced DDs running long time also:wave:

I haven't heard any decent sets of his for ages. If anyones got any links to prove me wrong post them up.

I haven't heard any decent sets of his for ages. If anyones got any links to prove me wrong post them up.

Was hopin 2 prove u wrong..generally always enjoyed brockie sets despite his lack of skill...but of recent couldnt find anythin that could really call decent...then again i dont really like much of the jump up tunes of today.

can give this one a try.also his set from breakin science last may is ok.....think u need 2 appreciate mcs over mixin skills if u gonna enjoy brockie anyway.

Brockie w/ shockin n moose@Raindance Valentines 2007
http://www.mediafire.com/?1zjjwjln41e

He did release a new tune with Ed Solo though. Heard it on Hype's show back in December and I loved it. He dropped it right next to the Heist remix of Metal Flange.

But yeah, he doesn't seem to be that active in the community anymore.

couple of tunes u wont fail to hear on his sets....

Turbulence - Moving Fusion
Aimd at you - Brockie & Ed solo mixed into Hazard - Hold it
(these two records must be getting sick of each other by now... This mix was played NYE Barmouth this year ... same mix global gathering 2005) moldy buisness
Milky way - Chapter 5

Don't get me wrong these are good tunes but surely someone of his standard shouldn't be playing the same tunes 4 years later

couple of tunes u wont fail to hear on his sets....

Turbulence - Moving Fusion
Aimd at you - Brockie & Ed solo mixed into Hazard - Hold it
(these two records must be getting sick of each other by now... This mix was played NYE Barmouth this year ... same mix global gathering 2005) moldy buisness
Milky way - Chapter 5

Don't get me wrong these are good tunes but surely someone of his standard shouldn't be playing the same tunes 4 years later

nothing wrong with playing that :D

Back
Top Bottom