BROCKIE CANT MIX FOR SHIT

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by OneFootSkankah, Aug 13, 2009.

1. OneFootSkankah

OneFootSkankah Member

Am now listening to that new one nation pack and i swear everyone of his mixes has clanged anyone else noticed this i mean just because he is well named dont mean that has nothing to help his mixing .. Nice set Nice tunes but shit mixing agree?

2. Controller

Controller (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

3. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

not heard any brockie mixes in time, but he was solid back in the day.

maybe he is now a lemsip addict and proper jonesing?

4. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

5. OneFootSkankah

OneFootSkankah Member

6. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Hahaha i see where this thread is going..

[​IMG]

7. OneFootSkankah

OneFootSkankah Member

your ment to put your opinions not pictures of facepalming mugs

8. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

my gran can mix better than Broccoli and shes been dead for 6 years

9. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

1stly you cant judge a mix from a live proformance to a studio mix

reasons ...

1. Volume of sound - ok nowerdays the headphones and mixers have got 10 times better than the early 90's when u needed headphone boosters but christ ask any dj if the moniters have gone down u get a 2-3 sec delay ... eek hands up for the train crash ,.. another factor of volume is fuppin wanker engineers who put mcs chatter either through the moniter speaker or the mixer so the dj has to hear that toddle .. ?? doesnt help ?? then its fuppin oober loud compared to at home or in a studio where your used to the set up ...

2.Distractions djing can be a fuppin nightmare when u play out ,.. imagine playing out and 1000's of sweaty e head monsters not just starring but wanna shake your hand , ask for requests , autographs , share drinks over electrical equipment ,trying to be cool by look at me in the dj box *fuck off* the list is endless ?? this doesnt help 1 bit ......... oow wait is that a train crash i hear ? may be as you the raver distracted him n took him out of his consentration zone ???

3.R U Human ? fup i dont know about you but i do know somedays i have off days , those days where nothing goes right , doesnt matter all you wish is to be curled up back in bad and the day to be forgotten about , we all exsperiance these days inc djs ....

4.studio mixes alot of the time done with all the 3 points above not invovled , done in a area that you know and fup it if it goes wrong start again , u can do that when u do it live ??? less pressure studio mixes ,... hence some djs sound better studio wise than live ... same as bands i guess .........

5.drink n drugs well this scene is full of the crap , im sure djs do it , and im sure we all have had exsperiances when using drink n drugs its not always happy happy joy , i wouldnt like to be having a non clear head and its all goin alittle pete tong when off the tables let alone when on them with all them ppl and lights etc FUP THAT !!!!!!

im not trying to make excusess for djs that crash but im trying to open peoples eyes to its more than just saying that dj is crap because of a few crashes ...
    people because of there knowledge on mixing seem to think that everyone in the dance seriously cares , most ravers are there to get off there tits and have fun , they couldnt careless if it was oober seemless to be frank , sad but true , but its people who know alittle or wannabee in the industry that pull up mixes and slate them like a church roof ,..

brockie has paid his dues and through out the yrs that man has put more time love n respect into dnb than most of us forum users put together *bar a few* nah mean

thread end

10. Hightech

Hightech Member

buuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

11. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

[​IMG]

you try mixing over: ridla funsta wanky skibza, wonka, tonka blonka & didly

12. CRoOK

CRoOK Audio Artillery

you kno when you see brockie play he will reload turbulence, play it in its entirety. then reload it again.

13. nista

nista Member

normaly i like broockie sets but 2 be honest he is using 80% of the same tunes in every set...

14. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

I like Brockie and got some good mixes that he's done, some mess ups but it happens to everyone 'ay........all dependent on the set up at the time init

15. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

one bad pack and the guy can't mix?

Andy C can't mix either.

16. Dj Dirty Pimp

Dj Dirty Pimp Active Member

thats sig worthy material lol

17. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

i think all of this is bullshit man! DJs are paid to be good at what they do, and if hes not cutting the mustard he shouldnt be playing live. ur basically acting like people should all sway side to side at the same time! its not a pop concert mate its a dnb rave!!

18. Yorkshire Tony

Yorkshire Tony Active Member

i Dont honestly believe ANYONE who is a member of this forum can slate the guy...... he has done a lot for this scene.......

19. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

am i the only one who read the title as "brofski cant mix" ?
    was hoping for some intraforum beef..oh well..

20. Nick-ep

Nick-ep RudeFM/In-Reach

He has yes, in the past. But what has he done to maintain his career? I can see how so many people get annoyed with people like brockie and groove. They just dont put any effort into wht they do anymore. They just turn up and spin aload of the same tunes theyv been playin for years. Theyv got no passion for it anymore, and this reflects hard in their sets.

Whilst theres people like Andy, Goldie, Doc Scott who have been playin for just as long. But have maintained their reputation and thats why people respect them so much more.

I remeber last year seeing brockie @ the airprt before innovation in the sun. He had aload of vinyl literally lose in his bag, in no sleeves or anything. He took em out and shoved em on his rucksack. i was gobsmaked seeing how little he cares for his tunes.

pretty much summed him up.