British Intelligence (Dead by dawn)

You've got some great ideas! At the beginning where it's just the man's vocal, I'd put an eerie pad on there because it sounds kind of empty atm. Also, I'd try to make the kick and snare stand out some more using compression and equalization. Your bass is quite heavy and you've got to make sure that it doesn't overpower other things in the mixdown. Other than that, the track's pretty good!

Thanks Astem, yeah that sounds like a great idea, Ive updated the track, have a listen see what you think?

Thanks mate!!

Last edited:
Yes, the vocal thing gives the atmosphere, but work on drums to get punched through mix! :) Also I`d experiment with that wobble bass - My 1st idea was to increase the Cutoff LFO range (am I right now? :P), but I`m leaving this for your choice.

Yes drum punch is my main problem at the moment, my compressor just isn't cutting it, but I have a few more tricks up my sleeve.

Thanks ry4ndnb.

Thanks Street Deacon, be sure to check out my 15 track album, should be up tonight its got some sick sick tunes and its free to download.

Blessings

Cowthief.

Hell yeah I'll snag a copy for sure! Free music is the best kind, I already downloaded your track One of Us Has To Die. Really like it probably going to use it in a mix. Cheers man :rslayer:

Id like to hear that mix, hit me up with it, I especially like one of us has to die!! its a really nice track ;)

Respect Street Deacon!!

interesting tune. that 'dead by dawn' sample is too loud tho, and as mentioned the drums need to be more powerful

Thanks everybody, great feedback!

Yeah I cheated on the dead by dawn sample and didn't mix it right, I just doubled it up in the mix to make it twice as loud, or how ever many db that is, 6db? XD

Still working on my drums, Ive started parrellel gating them because I use a lot of old breaks.

Thanks all

Back
Top Bottom