British Intelligence (5am beats)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Cowthief, May 22, 2013.

1. Cowthief

Cowthief Member

As you can probably guess I mixed this at 5am in the morning, how do you think it sounds?

Feel free to download, as usual please leave feedback!

Blessings

Cowthief

2. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

It's a bit weird mate, a bit of a trip. That's a good thing. The snare is quite smeared. Something a bit crisper might work, floating there in the centre of the mix.

3. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Sure is something different! :D I got the same opinion on the snare, and I guess the kick could have a bit more punch as well! I was also thinking about the structure of the tune... Perhaps throw a breakdown in there somewhere to give some more dynamic (if that makes sense). It's nice to have a part in your track where the listener can breathe out for a bit. Listen to what other producers use to do!

That bass was nice man, liked the acid feel to it!

4. Cowthief

Cowthief Member

I just couldn't think of a breakdown, Secondly Ive really been having trouble with compression, I just cant get the volume and the punch at the same time, Im looking in to using transient designers now which seems to have solved my problem with my beats smearing.

Thanks chaps, I think Ill leave this one as is and take my lessons from it for now.