Bristol crew check this...

Agro @ lakota 23rd Jan.

Only just found out about this on facebook.
Not often you see a lineup like this round here, A nice change from all the usual jump up nights you see around Bristol.

Calyx
Phace
Dom & Roland
Current Value
The Sect
Mako
http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#/event.php?eid=235113016211

Looks well worth it for 8 quid a ticket!

Yes! Fucking HUGE lineup, but I'm confused at 'usual jump up nights'

Yeah, there's lots of jump up nights, but there are fuck loads of different nights on too, on Friday, SPY, Rockwell and Jubei are playing at Basement 45, and on NYE there was die, logistics, Perez and Rockwell too?

Have you seen the Renegade night in March too?

And the Hospital nights we get down here?!

I love Bristol so much for it's diverse drum and bass scene, and I just don't know how you can say that it's 'usual jump up'

I'm not having a go at all, and I know there are lots of jump up nights about, but I'm more confused, especially if you think that's all Bristol has to offer??

Yes! Fucking HUGE lineup, but I'm confused at 'usual jump up nights'

Yeah, there's lots of jump up nights, but there are fuck loads of different nights on too, on Friday, SPY, Rockwell and Jubei are playing at Basement 45, and on NYE there was die, logistics, Perez and Rockwell too?

Have you seen the Renegade night in March too?

And the Hospital nights we get down here?!

I love Bristol so much for it's diverse drum and bass scene, and I just don't know how you can say that it's 'usual jump up'

I'm not having a go at all, and I know there are lots of jump up nights about, but I'm more confused, especially if you think that's all Bristol has to offer??

Yeah i suppose we have got a lot of choice down here but i'm always seeing jump up raves with massive lineups whereas other styles seem to be lowkey affairs in smaller clubs, They should start doing hospitality in academy i reckon.

Aint seen that hardware night either, wheres it to?

Yeah i suppose we have got a lot of choice down here but i'm always seeing jump up raves with massive lineups whereas other styles seem to be lowkey affairs in smaller clubs, They should start doing hospitality in academy i reckon.

Aint seen that hardware night either, wheres it to?

Basement 45 on March 5th:

INK

LOXY

RAIDEN

GRIDLOK

KLUTE

CHRIS RENEGADE

COLD FUSION

DISTILLED B2B SEAMLESS

MC'S: 2SHY – AD- K EYE - STAPLETON

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!

As for stuff being put on at the Academy, it would bring prices up, and you'd have to have shitloads of people in there to make any atmosphere.
It does get fucking packed at Thekla, but I prefer it there.
Less aggro, cheaper ticket price and drinks.
Motion are getting some good nights, Run is prodominantley Jump Up, but if you're into (good) dubstep, they can get some good acts there.
The next Shit The Bed has a pretty good lineup. Good array, Brookes Bros, Martello and some rowdy dubstep.

Have you been to any Torque nights or Signal nights or do you just prefer going to the Academy? Do you go to Lab or Basement 45 at all?

Have you been to any Torque nights or Signal nights or do you just prefer going to the Academy? Do you go to Lab or Basement 45 at all?

I still aint been to basement 45 yet, so i'll deffo have to get on that hardware night.
Been to a couple of signal's and usually always at the intrigue and hospitality nights. Motion's the place to be at the moment, but i still do enjoy a good night at the academy every now and then and reckon a fat hospitality lineup would fill the place up.

The problem with the academy is that it can attract the wrong people. Or the sort of people that I'd rather not be in an enclosed space with.

I'd strongly suggest getting yourself down to a Torque night at B45, they have wicked lineups, or if you want something a little different, there's SPY, Jubei and Rockwell at B45 on Friday. A shit hot lineup in my opinion, and if I wasn't going to Fabric, I'd be there easily.

Motion is alright, but not that many good dnb nights there. That signal lineup that was there recently was pretty sick, but I don't know if I'd rush out for another Run night. They're alright, but nothing special, would much prefer a more intimate night at B45 and save the big nights for Fabric or Matter.

Will have to try and reach one them torque nights sometime, dont think i'll ave the cash to go the one on friday though.
Have you seen the next signal night?
Cyantific, Serum and Vicious circle @ the lab.
Should be pretty good, I ain't ever seen serum before.

The problem with the academy is that it can attract the wrong people. Or the sort of people that I'd rather not be in an enclosed space with.

I'd strongly suggest getting yourself down to a Torque night at B45, they have wicked lineups, or if you want something a little different, there's SPY, Jubei and Rockwell at B45 on Friday. A shit hot lineup in my opinion, and if I wasn't going to Fabric, I'd be there easily.

Motion is alright, but not that many good dnb nights there. That signal lineup that was there recently was pretty sick, but I don't know if I'd rush out for another Run night. They're alright, but nothing special, would much prefer a more intimate night at B45 and save the big nights for Fabric or Matter.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Torque/Abstractions/Basement 45 is pretty much all you need in Bristol right now.

Went to bristol for the first time 4 nye and went to bassment 45. Sick night, all the djs smashed it and the vibe was really good as-well. defiantly worth checking out.

Will have to try and reach one them torque nights sometime, dont think i'll ave the cash to go the one on friday though.
Have you seen the next signal night?
Cyantific, Serum and Vicious circle @ the lab.
Should be pretty good, I ain't ever seen serum before.

Yes! Reckon I'll be going to that one...

Another SICK lineup I've just seen that if you're interested in the Dom and Roland night @ Lakota:

DISSIDENT

Ed Rush
TeeBee
Doc Scott
Icicle
Ulterior Motive

at Lakota, Feb 6th.

Looks BIG!

Back
Top Bottom