Bring Back Arrested Development

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by greddie, Nov 19, 2011.

1. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni18347387/

The video streaming service (netflix) on Friday announced that it will exclusively offer all-new episodes of the acclaimed yet short-lived comedy, Arrested Development, beginning in 2013.

:cool:

2. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

new episodes? I thought it was a film?

3. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Fuck yeah! Seven year gap is a bit much though...guess it's gonna depend on the quality of the writing.

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

why anyone would pay attention to that crap is beyond me. are there no standards anymore? how i met your mother, two and a half men, something about a bunch of fucking nerds saying bazinga, and nobody seems to notice. its crap you understand me its a lobotomy from the screen. im going to read kafka and the watchtower now.

5. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

arrested development is one of the best written shows ive had the pleasure of watching. .... how i met your mother, two and half men , these are trash shows with laughter tracks. not even the same ball game logikz

6. logikz

are you sure. cos i caught a few moments of the first episode and it about a family losing all their money and have to move out their house right? and it was total b as well real low budget?

7. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

it thought u meant the band who produced mr wendal...i am out the loop

8. jsmith89

jsmith89 Hmph..... silly...

real talk. charlie sheen is a massive dickhead and so not funny yet people idolise him. those shitty nerd programmes 'we make nerdy jokes therefore its funny hahahaha' shut the fuck up. you can't turn on the tv without a fucking cooking programme on... so not impressed

9. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

two and a half men - mildly amusing after a few beers, and the fit birds are a bonus. can't watch sober
    big bang theory - terrible, but kinda hooked on it atm
    how i met your mother - spent about a week working my way through every epi. i like it.
    arrested development - havn't seen it, will check it out

10. ThePapa

Lol at the people making comments in this thread who haven't even seen the show. It was a well written farce and very funny at times but the kind of chaos they created is difficult to keep going over several series. Episodes need to be seen as a whole because of the way they're constructed but the momentum they managed to get going each time was amazing. Waaaay better than any of the other shows you mentioned armed (I've not seen how I met your mother however)

11. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

Friends was wank. But then again Jennifer Aniston never wore a bra in Friends, which helped to make it a bit bearable...

12. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

im sorry but you cannot even start to compare charlie sheen and two n a half men to arrested development.... WTF are u talking about?and Big Bang Theory is one of the shittest things ive ever had the misfortune to watch, its not even remotely funny, any show that needs to have a laughter track to prompt the audience to laugh can fuck off, they can fuck right off.

Arrested development has jokes that span whole episodes.... lucille, lucille two, Loose Seal. "Ive made a huge mistake"

Papa Jaro knows

13. logikz

friends was unbearable but you have to remember how long that show ran for, i think it started 1990 and stayed on the air for like twenty years and i must admit to having been affected by the sexual tension between joey and chandler, jennifer anistons hair and the thursdays with the new episode seemed like a high point back then. tv was important for some reason. but that was then, twenty and twenty more years with perpetual reruns on multiple channels simultaneously down the line have made many of us wonder not only why anyone would ever pay attention to that abomination but also why david schwimmer werent forcefed broken glass after the first season. i sincerely hate friends, phoebe and david schwimmer make my jaw clench and bite off my tongue foam at the mouth and die from suffocation.

you dare. to lol. at me jaro. i will use arrogant smileys to counter this initially :roll eyes:

14. ThePapa

I lolled so hard even the inanimate objects around me felt it!

[​IMG]

15. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

Arrested development > all else

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    greddie likes this.
  16. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

pahaha, genuinely lol'd, will be checkin this out fo' sho

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  17. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Arrested development >>> any other sitcom

greddie likes this.
  18. Reactor Grits

Reactor Grits lick a shot

:applause:

19. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

i like big bang theory it is silly some times but there arent many people as retarded as sheldon on TV. not keen on how i met your mother personally somebody told me it was supposed to be the new friends and i was like no. friends is classic, great characters and story lines and what not but ive seen every damn episode and can never watch it for a good 10 years! two and a half men was cool for a bit but then you sober up and think why am i wasting my life.

havnt seen arrested development but it looks cool aslong as its not like curb your enthusiasm that looked gay. Also i like ricky gervais. so there.

20. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

the problem with curb your enthusiasm is most people don't realise it's improvised, it's nowhere near as funny if you think it's scripted.