Brighton!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Jakue08, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Jakue08

Jakue08 Active Member

Yo, basically i am applying for a deferred entry at Brighton University for 2012 (after a gap year) and am going on an open day in a few weeks.

Really keen on the idea that its a beach town about 40 minutes from london and about nd hour and abit of the train from my town!

although i know shit all about the nightlife, so any brighton heads out there tell me about the dnb scene in Brighton? and are the events affordable for students?

cheers

2. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

not relevant to your question, but I wouldnt apply for a deferred entry, its actually going to be easier to not apply at all until next year. I cant remember why and all the facts but it was on the news a while ago. To do with the fund cutting and student number restrictions.

3. Jakue08

Jakue08 Active Member

yeah i did hear about that, although i got told from a reliable source tha 2010 and 2011 ware going to be the worst years to go to university in terms of capacity, apparently the tories are going to change something or other and it will be put in effect for the 2012 entries! which is why i have now decided to have a gap year, i cant remember the detaisl but the prof who told me sounded convincing

4. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Brighton has wicked dnb nights.. Devotion.. Frequency.. Evolution.. Shogun nights..

The places to watch out for.. Concorde 2 / Audio / The Volks / Digital / Coalition.

All on beach front!

5. DamageCase7

DamageCase7 Better off dead.

Anyone who went Shogun@Cable.

Did you get invited to Friction's video shoot for Stand Up?

6. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Every wednesday you get Supercharged @ Audio.. nice little club, always cheap.. Heres the lineup for this month's nights there..

[​IMG]

Normally on the last Saturday of the month you get Devotion which generally has a big line up, not been on since July though so not sure whats going on with that.

Get a few 'Frequency' nights aswell.. PM 'D Double U' on here for more info as hes the promotor for it.

Then you generally get other nights thrown around.. For instance Hospitality and Shogun. But thats fairly rare i guess, don't think there will be one in the next couple weeks anyway!

@DamageCase i was going to go, sent them an email, got accepted and stuff then i got called into work >_< Was a wicked night apparently, Prototypes went b2b with Spectrasoul .. Strange mix but was really good apparently

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

And yeah when there's not dnb and your after a wicked night out, basically just walk along the sea front and see whats busy and looking good.. Life/Coalition/Digital are always a good bet.. Trash Mondays on Monday (obviously) at Coalition is generally a pretty sick night!

7. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

Brighton is the SHIT mate :)

all that info on good shit here.

there is dnb most weekends and some weekdays, check out Surpercharged wed for all things ravey, and concord most weekends.

you defo cant go wrong with brighton

8. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

good info on this thread.

the scene is quite big in brighton u can basically listen to dnb most nights somewhere.

9. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

Prepare your anus

10. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

expensive and :gimp:

11. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

I lived there for 4 years...its ok until all the cunts head down from London at the weekend. Meltdown was my favourtie night and legends of the dark black ...used to play out on teh regular until I had to give up in final year....buzzin scene...liked teh funky buddha lounge ..if you like breaks it good..of course my knowledge is like 5 years outa date, and your still a gay Jackue

12. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

legends of the dark black was so good, i went to a lot of them when it was at the event 2 under the cinema. the one!