Bright Sky - IMPACT [WIP]

ImpactDnB

Hey'all!
I'd like some feedback on this Work in Progress:

http://soundcloud.com/impactt/bright-sky

Have started out producin' DnB since around 2 months ago, and I'm workin on that track at this moment, and i really appreciate some feedback.

(Feedback on the tune, bass sounds, break sounds, quality, doesnt matter what really, when something pops into your head which you think "that could be done better", Please do share and explain why!)

Thanks in Advance!

pretty good for 2 months man. that bass sound before the drop sounds good.. overall i think the main bass sound needs to be bigger. what synth are you using?

maybe try putting some reverb on it.

that bass bit at bout 1:35, try adding a bit of delay there

how many oscillators are you using? try making very small changes in pitch of each oscillator to give the sound more 'character'. try adding bit of phaser to it.

its sounding good for 2 months mate, just experiment more with whichever synth your using and try to fatten up the bass sound.

oooh, I've alrady finished the track by now 0.0

Some parts got a little to hectic, Maybe (?) and i have played around with the bass sounds a little bit, specially for the second bass that will jump in later (around 2:55 )

I use Albino 3 synth btw, i believe i have 3 osc. on that one with only 1 (i thought, cant remember out of the top of my head) havin a bit of a pitch change.
Maybe i can fidle around with the first Bass-sound some more for improvement 'n stuff before i'll release it in my E.P. :]

Thanks, i am glad you like it ^__^

http://soundcloud.com/impactt/bright-sky

Thats the finished track now. (deleted the Work in progress one)

Last edited:
Ye lol many people calling themselves Impact.
Ur track seems pretty random but u got some cool soounds tho.
Not bad or 2 months, u should have heard my first shit haha lol

I Like the intro up to 45 secs but not really feeling that synth patch (just my opinion) - I really like the bassline at 1.11 BUT my only gripe is the drums dont sound strong enough - How many loops have you used ? I like the sinister drop at 3mins or so - But think when the drums come back the bass overpowers the drumz have you tried using a side chainer ? Or conversely adding an amen break over the top ?

I think from 3.48 - to 4 min or so you could do a lot more with this section ? i.e. add some risers and some other ear candy... etc perhaps a kewl vocal sample ?

When the main bass comes back in at 4.35 I think this could have a bigger impact.

I think the idea mate :) Hope you don't mind the feedback !!!

very good for 2 months man! can see uv got the mind for it, some really good ideas and structures in there. the rest will come with time man, ur drums quite good actually, maybe a slightlier heavier kick would be better. another high passed break aswell to help it roll along :)
impressed for 2 months tho mate, mine were awful!

Back
Top Bottom