DnB Brex - Slow Burner

Listening now, enjoying this a lot dude. Like I said the other time when discussing it, the bongo fills throughout are so on point, gives it more of a groove.

It's a shame to hear the piano couldn't sit right, did you try using a reversed piano? I feel like it could add some extra depth to the track.

maxresdefault.jpg

But on a serious... Really like this, glitchy vocal stabs as part of the percussion work really well, feeling the bongo riff & its various edits throughout... Initial impact of the sub is great, but reckon you could afford to progress it over the duration of the track to create depth/space/evolution in the tune...

Not sure about some of the "uggghhhs" aswell lol in the main part of the track that don't sit with the percussion, but maybe that's because it reminds me of getting raped by James Brown backstage at a concert in the deep south when I was 7.

:lol:

Probably one of the most original tracks I've heard in here over the last 6 months in all honesty, listened to it from start to finish & I'm usually a "skipper".

Good work bro :2thumbs:

Intro wise everything sounds clean, I'm a big fan of the hats they are really coming through nicely. I like the slow introduction to the main hook.

This is a really interesting track, I don't think I've heard much like it. Drums sound clean, I like that snare, the bassline I'm a big fan of really spaced out and unique + all the background atmospherics.

I'm on the fence about the Vocal Stabs but that's personal taste. I do find that it did start to get a little samey towards the end. A part of me was wanting to hear what it would sound like with the snare taken out and more of a clarity/consequence kick line + crazy edits at the end of every 16 (my mind wanders)

Mixdown wise I can't say there's anything I'd change. I'm gonna hit you up with a follow on SC.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Wasn't expecting such a positive response! I think I'm gonna jump back in to this one, I thought I was finished :rolleyes:

Top draw. I think this is awesome, really original sounding and a little bit left field.

Can't really fault the production.

Is this the same as the version you sent me a couple of days back, or is it further updated? (Haven't had the chance to hear the Soundcloud link, playing the version you sent me at work now though)

I sent you a wav download link yeah? If so, it's the same.

Back
Top Bottom