Brewing your own wine/beer anyone ..?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by EWOKS, Apr 9, 2009.

1. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

so, sometime this year ive decided im going to turn a corner of my spare room into a little brewing den, get some nice ale on the go, ive heard lager is a piss about to do. dont mind bitter though so im gunna give it a shot, maybe some knock your head off potent wine aswell.

ive been looking it up, its surprisingly easy to do, my old man used to make it beer all the time,so i ve always been intrested in it. sometimes half decent his stuff was , gotta be satisfying getting pissed on your own brew.

so, anyone tryd it ? had good results/bad results.. ? it seems surprisingly easy and straight forward

http://www.brew-it-yourself.co.uk

2. NastyLimbCheat

NastyLimbCheat Active Member

one of my mates dad home brews red wine, had bout 6 bottles the other night after pub, gotta say wasnt too bad

you should deffo make some ale or something easy like slow berry gin, just get a bottle of london dry gin and shove loads of slow berrys in it, well good

3. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

yea well said, sloe gin is quality, my mums mate makes some nice stuff . she brouhgt a bottle down, with a dash of soda water and a slice of lemon you can drink it all nite and get slowly bolloxed. im gunna go for sloe gin and ale i rekon.

4. Wellsy

Wellsy Member

great idea and little hobby this, I plan on brewing some fine ales and wines one day myself:)

5. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

I used to brew black ale/stout a while ago after my dad bought me a kit. Not too shabby, interesting to do and gets you pissed as a fart as it generally tends to be stronger than store-bought beers.

Nothing quite like the days leading up to when the brew is ready and your first glass :teeth:

6. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

try the brew that gets made in jail , its fucking savage mate!

7. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

mate of mine brewed his own beer when he was 15 and his parents had this walk in closet which was pretty roomy so he decided to put the bottles in there and apparently when you ferment the drink the pressure can rise so much in the bottle it pops the cork, so he had about 15 1.5 litre bottles in his parents walk in closet and one night they all fucking blow, the entire floor was flooded with beer, all the clothes soaked haha his father gave him the beating of a life time haha that little shit can you imagine