Bredren Interview & Guestmix (In-Reach Mag)

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by InReach, Oct 8, 2013.

1. InReach

InReach Active Member

[​IMG]

If you like your drum and bass in a minimal configuration, with a bass so deep and dark, it could mutate and survive as one of those monstrous creatures that linger in the very depths of the ocean, then Bredren are unlikely to have escaped your radar.

The Belgian trio have an unfathomable talent for pushing forward-thinking, well-crafted beats. With releases on prolific labels, including Dispatch, Proximity and Demand Records, and a summer schedule that’s been jammed with sets at festivals and nights throughout Europe, it’s fair to say the name Bredren triggers substantial enthusiasm, and the release of Stop and Turn / Celestial a collaboration with Displaced Paranormals 3 (D.P.3) has certainly been an eagerly awaited one!

Dropping today on Inception Audio (I:A) Stop and Turn / Celestial are both tunes that stay true to the dark, minimalistic style we’ve come to associate with Bredren. Eerie, distorted and disturbing atmospherics build a positively suspense-filled soundscape, this, and bass that’s so twisted it creeps around both tunes, prowling like a dancefloor predator, and I won’t deny it Stop and Turn/ Celestial render me unable to prevent pulling the grotesque, distorted and positively offensive facial expressions that partner tunes of such a sinister nature.

Stop and Turn / Celestial is the first Bredren release that is available on Vinyl, the 12″ also includes a copy of an I:A various artists CD including Stop and Turn / Celestial , head over to our Facebook for the chance to win both. In celebrating their first release on wax we figured this was the perfect opportunity to have a chat with them, here’s what happened when we caught up with Bredren…

http://in-reach.co.uk/bredren-interview/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  2. InReach

InReach Active Member

*Bump* remember you can win this for entering: [​IMG]