Breakthrough Producers of 2011

Tim Viper Recs

Viper Recordings
VIP Junglist
Who are your breakthrough producers of 2011?... this doesn't have to be a list of producers nobody's heard of to look cool :D - just people who had a breakthrough year and/or took their sound to the next level.

SPY
Smooth/Telekinesis
Wilkinson
Xilent
Metrik
Basher
Mr Explicit
Fourward
Fred V & Grafix
Mattix & Futile

Dub Phizix & Skeptical
Enei
Mortem
Amoss
Optiv & BTK
Foreign Concept
Phace

^^ All of the above have had huge years. They've all developed their sound and had tons of big releases.

Dub Phizix & Skeptical
Enei
Mortem
Amoss
Optiv & BTK
Foreign Concept
Phace

^^ All of the above have had huge years. They've all developed their sound and had tons of big releases.

All of these guys but disagree about phace because he was already big

And add Octane & DLR to that

Foreign Concept
Smooth
Wilkinson
Enei
Fred V & Grafix

big in 2012:
Dimension
Emperor
Rollz
High Maintenance
Livewire

Last edited:
Who's mr explicit tho o_O

The year has really been Optiv, BTK, Xilent, Foreign Concept, Wilkinson, SPY

High Maintenance will be in 2012 as will mattix and futile really (both obviously big but will be the names next year)

To add one to the list Xtrah. Definitely Phizix and Skeptical. I wouldnt say Mortem break through. Only really had the touch. Spinline will be big in 2012!

Dub Phizix & Skeptical probably owned the year, gone from almost no one to the biggest and most exiting in dnb, great atmospheres and vibes. finally producers who are thinking outside the box and not using the same formula for every tune. hopefully they can keep the tunes coming out and not sell out ;)

jubei is another who has stepped up for another smashing year, gotta mention code 3 too cause they haven't put out a average song yet

would have to say most consistent for me is fracture and neptune but they've been around for years and have really shown everyone how to make proper drum n bass

morphy is another whos been around for a while but really stepped up

phuture T also is another producer who is going to be king, the few songs on alphacut that were pressed are a step above the rest. alphacut deserve a big mention for a small label, only got big things for the future.
nebula's astral soul ep on subtle audio is probably one of the better jungle eps, this year defiantly showed that jungle is alive and well, far from dead

boddika and jon convex are smashing their techno sound too, cant fault them, glad theyre finally getting some serious attention and doing it themselves
techno is on fire at the moment too, its been a great year for music in general

consequence has had some really top releases with They Live and his new LP which is a amazing piece of electronic music plus countless quality singles. his first LP was great but it seemed like a collection of singles not a start to finish release.

ASC's also had a great year with his labels and so many singles that are top. auxiliary has got some big things forthcoming too

mark system is another who has released some great tunes.

exit records have just torn a new a hole also, again

my picks for the top in 2012 - phuture t, dub phizix, FD, fracture and neptune, (im preying) spectrasoul will get back into the experimental sound but i cant see shogun releasing too much experimental dnb, alix perez and zero t have been quiet so id expect a lot of new tunes, relapse, fis and nether (got my money on this guy, single forthcoming on space cadets after the asc single in January). looking forward to a new They Live LP and everything Exit has lined up, mosaic 2, dbridge solo lp, dan habernam and so on. I'd also like to see the jungle and techstep sound come back in a big way but i can only dream. Also very much looking forward to the non dancefloor 170 stuff, its really starting to get interesting again within the tempo

hopefully the vinyl industry grows also cause far too many good tunes are not getting pressed :)

Back
Top Bottom