Breaks to dnb transitions

DNBMAN12345

Hey,
I like to spin both breaks and dnb and was wondering if you guys have any good ideas on how to move from breaks to dnb in a set, while making the transition sound good.

A good example is on deekline and ed solo's hot cakes ready mix towards the end.

Also, i've seen on the crooklyn clan vault, songs which make transitions in tempo from hip hop to breaks, but I was wondering if anyone knows any like that for dnb and breaks?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen a song that goes in bpm from breaks to dnb. You're not going to get a beatmatch (unless you're using cd decks that have a key lock so you can slow the dnb pitch down without changing the key - but then you have speed the song up a lot so you'll fuck the floor) so go for a dnb song with a big long recognisable intro without beats - slowly blend that into the breaks song - after the second breakdown.

Or just slam the dnb song in and hope for the best.

Cheers for that Dustek. Ive been wondering the best way to do this for a while. I mainly want to try it with dubstep.

Doesn't Levitate by the Get Lifted lot go into a breaks section? Think thats the right track.

Thanks for the help everyone.
And yeah, tarranjoe, that track is perfect.
Anyone know other tracks that do the same?
Thanks.

i think theres a track called meatcake that has a breakz breakdown as well, its the drumsound and bassline smith remix

Or try an get a dnb mix of a breaks track, and drop mix it at the second breakdown... Thats what I do with Benga - Night, and Benga - Night (zinc remix)

Scotty's right.

But you have to have a technique to mix breaks into dnb without using a specific track - because you'll run out of transition tracks after a while.

Okay cheers, I can think of a couple of cut and run breaks and drum and bass remixes, and noisia brainstitch which has a breaks remix. Any other tracks you can think of?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom