breaks suggestions

Dj Dirty Pimp

VIP Junglist
im just looking for any tips, or advice, or the names of any breaks which you find are particularly good for filling up the mid range frequencys of a tune. i make liquid and jump up (not cheesy though lol). i find that ive got good, busy drum patterns but that they lack depth, theres plenty of boom in the kicks, punch in the snare, and the hi end is fine.

so anyone know any good breaks and got any examples to go with? many thanks :D

if you got a nice hi end, theres no real need for a break in your tune i think. mostly if you strech the original break, and try to fill the mids, that ends up muddy as hell..

try adding some bongos/kicks/snares/fills and make them nearly unaudible. but pitch them correctly and cut the low end!!

yo dj dirty pimp
its a tough one mate, i'd like to try and elaborate on kamas /thread.
i think that breaks back in the day were very full drums for their time because they needed to be. with all that groove thats in them - it takes alot to move a track on the drums. and each old sample break you find should have a lot of qualities to fill out any specified spectrum area. the high end is the toughest to fill ime. there are plenty of good breaks man! grab as many as you can. also new samples from artists releases are good too. i got the nu:tone pack and was suprised but he is an audio phile. also check out jk sawka pack. for real drums, its not been bettered

if you got a nice hi end, theres no real need for a break in your tune i think. mostly if you strech the original break, and try to fill the mids, that ends up muddy as hell..

try adding some bongos/kicks/snares/fills and make them nearly unaudible. but pitch them correctly and cut the low end!!

Yeah a good way to pitch them is go to Edison (right click editing the sample) and go to regions (says abc near it) and click detect pitch regions. Now set your root key to that note so everything is accurate.

Back
Top Bottom