Breaks/Electro into DnB

mini_molko

Does anyone know any decent crossover songs that start out electro/breakbeat and then transform into drum & bass... The only example I can think of is Spor's remix of Machine Gun, but I've rinsed that to death. I just need something with that particular tempo change, but no dubstep crossovers...

not sure about electro intros but theres a few drum & Bass tunes with electro breakdowns

theres a thread somewhere in DJ's Mc's and Turntablism with a list of tunes

of the top of my head theres DitryPhonics Quarks.. and a Camo & Krookeds history of the future

Last edited:
I forgot about Quarks, love that tune!

Yeah, got a fair few tunes with electro breakdowns, but need something to mix out of breaks/electro... Suppose I could just mix it from the breakdown - bit fiddley though.

There's a version of Piranha by Nphonix on Youtube that starts off at breaks tempo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DVoSUBdjnE&feature=related but the version I have is different, any info on this?

Axwell - I Found U (High Contrast Remix) is ideal for mixing into House/Electro as it starts around 128bpm

Axwell - I Found U (High Contrast Remix) is ideal for mixing into House/Electro as it starts around 128bpm

Cheers dude, might just stick to the Spor remix, as I'm not too big on High Contrast or vocals in dance tunes, so won't really fit with the rest of my set.

Can't believe producers haven't expanded on crossing over electro/breaks with DnB a bit more. Might have to have a go at it, once I've figured out how to automate the tempo on Cubase.

Dieselboy, Ewun & Evol Intent - Midnight Express.

Check the breakdown that starts at 2:14.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two fingers - sway spor remix
Ed rush optical - g force Jesus
Check out mainframe records, a few tunes released on there are mixed tempo, & there's a fresh tune, can't remember of the top of my head what it is.

Cheers for the help guys - all sick tracks, but trying to find tunes that start at a slower tempo and build into DnB tempo. I've got loads of DnB tracks with electro breakdowns, but it's just a bastard having to locate the cue point in the middle of the song and then be left with barely any time to mix the next song.

Anyway, after I did a little bit of Google research, found exactly what I was looking for - http://soundcloud.com/temper-d/temper-d-jump-around-vip-breaks-to-dnb-tempo Nice transition from breaks to DnB! :)

Back
Top Bottom