BreakNeck Last Night

zoob

Nine Bar SS.
Excellent stuff, really enjoyed myself down there last night, thought it was a right old laugh.

System was sounding beautiful, alot of beef for such a small about of cabinets, those tops are absolute sex, i've never heard a snare drum replicated so brilliantly.

Opening sets were all good.

Really Really disappointed by Randall, i thought it was boring, he seemed dis-interested for the majority of the set, refused to have the resident MC's and whacked the gains right up, ragged the soundsystem and made it sound completely wank out front. No time for that i'm afraid.

Sdm / Triple M , take the stage, three tunes in and me and my man Jeffrey are both agreeing that these two should have been paid Randall's set money instead!!

Quality stuff lads, highlight set of the evening, tight mixing, crowd agree, they just didn't want it too stop at the end!!

Anytime you boys want to come and bang it out on the rig in London, your more than welcome.

Shouts To Mr Owain Breakneck, nice to meet you at last old boy, and obviously also to SDM, good work chaps!

Safeness.

Now im off to Portsmouth v Southampton.

Enjoy your day!

Totally agreed Alex (nice to meet you sir), anyone in attendance knew the legendary Breakneck vibe was in full effect!

The system sounded fat as per usual, it didn't look like there was as much physical presence as usual, but it sure as hell sounded like it! Congrats to anyone involved in making the system what it is, and sorry for turning the gains up ha ha :lol:

As per usual, the guest (Sparkee) opened the night up, with a mixed selection of dance floor / dark anthems, followed closely by the ever popular resident Charge, hitting us hard with the latest dance floor romper stompers :slayer:

I have to agree with Zoob on this one, Randall didn't really do it for me, but fair play, he did his thing and it sounded really good from the dance floor (yes I was down there during Randall's set, shock horror!).

Thank you for the kind comments on our set, they're always welcome ha ha! :teeth: I'll probably host up a copy of this set in 192Kbps MP3 once I receive it from the boss mang.

I would also like to say thanks to everyone in the crowd, big up for staying until the very end, and chanting for one more! Unfortunately the system was cut so playing one more was out of the question.

Thank you to the usual suspects, Owain, Daniel, Cara, Gibber, Triple M, Charge, M-Code etc. You guys rock! :love:

A special thanks to Chris (CK) and Laura (MC Lady Zest) for coming down, always a pleasure to see you two, happy 18th Laura!

Roll on 25th Feb (Pendulum), 28th Feb (Andy C / Friction).

62 photos from my camera, video to follow: http://gallery.dnbforum.com/

Had to work till 11 sadly, but got in the venue bout 1130 to hear the last half hour or so of randals set, which i must add was pretty standard,had a few to many alcopops heard the first few tunes of sdm n triple m.Was impressed my style of tune selection and that system was to heavy had a real dub quality to it really nice round bass depth. Had to leave about 1 due to gettin home and after party sessions, but good to see sum old faces and new.Big up all in attendance, big up the breakneck crew,big tings for, 2-0-0-5!!! :drums: :rslayer:

sdm said:
Totally agreed Alex (nice to meet you sir), anyone in attendance knew the legendary Breakneck vibe was in full effect!

The system sounded fat as per usual, it didn't look like there was as much physical presence as usual, but it sure as hell sounded like it! Congrats to anyone involved in making the system what it is, and sorry for turning the gains up ha ha :lol:

As per usual, the guest (Sparkee) opened the night up, with a mixed selection of dance floor / dark anthems, followed closely by the ever popular resident Charge, hitting us hard with the latest dance floor romper stompers :slayer:

I have to agree with Zoob on this one, Randall didn't really do it for me, but fair play, he did his thing and it sounded really good from the dance floor (yes I was down there during Randall's set, shock horror!).

Thank you for the kind comments on our set, they're always welcome ha ha! :teeth: I'll probably host up a copy of this set in 192Kbps MP3 once I receive it from the boss mang.

I would also like to say thanks to everyone in the crowd, big up for staying until the very end, and chanting for one more! Unfortunately the system was cut so playing one more was out of the question.

Thank you to the usual suspects, Owain, Daniel, Cara, Gibber, Triple M, Charge, M-Code etc. You guys rock! :love:

A special thanks to Chris (CK) and Laura (MC Lady Zest) for coming down, always a pleasure to see you two, happy 18th Laura!

Roll on 25th Feb (Pendulum), 28th Feb (Andy C / Friction).

62 photos from my camera, video to follow: http://gallery.dnbforum.com/

No problems Stu, pleasure to meet you also.

Thing is with the gains is that, yeah it turns it up, but what it's REALLY doing is just clipping and redlining the mixer, and thus making it distort to fuck up front, especially the bass and mid-range.

If in future you boys want MORE VOLUME. Get the MC to chant for it, or alternatively just ask one of the sound boys to give it more juice... If we do it from our end, it sounds alot louder, and alot clearer :gslayer:

I was trying to get you to put the CD on again!!!!! Gav hadn't shut her down yet, so i thought we'd be able to slip a sneaky banger in at the end there..... Next time though 8)

Was a wicked night, Stuart thankyou for my super-cool hat :D, and thanks to Stu, Mike and monkey dude for trying to get me drunk :nurr_nur: . I still got my sticker! Woo

*EDIT* If anyone's got poster/flyer of the night and you got spare please pm me cause I really want some memoribilia of the night and they were all gone when I went to look :(

Last edited:
ZESTOI said:
Was a wicked night, Stuart thankyou for my super-cool hat :D, and thanks to Stu, Mike and monkey dude for trying to get me drunk :nurr_nur: . I still got my sticker! Woo

*EDIT* If anyone's got poster/flyer of the night and you got spare please pm me cause I really want some memoribilia of the night and they were all gone when I went to look :(
The force is definitely strong within you, for someone so small you can take your drink :teeth:

No worries for the hat, I'm glad you like it, perhaps you'll stop bugging me for one now!

I have a flyer at my house, I'll give it to you next time you're down.

As a general note, our mix is now available for download :slayer:

Excellent night lads, 'bare m a n z respek' out to SDM & Trips as always (thanks for the T and stickers!)
Also to Owain + crew for the effort put in, never cease to impress!

We knew we were guaranteed a good 18th celebration for teh zestoi, wasn't disappointed. :zest:

cK said:
Excellent night lads, 'bare m a n z respek' out to SDM & Trips as always (thanks for the T and stickers!)
Also to Owain + crew for the effort put in, never cease to impress!

We knew we were guaranteed a good 18th celebration for teh zestoi, wasn't disappointed. :zest:

Breakneck's always fun times :rasta:

Back
Top Bottom