Breakneck last night - Your thoughts!

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Photos now online, more as they come in!
http://dnbforum.com/gallery/

Very, very good night! I'll post up my full thoughts in a bit as I'm off to the chemist now to get some medicine for my rather painful throat :mkay:

sdm said:
Very, very good night! I'll post up my full thoughts in a bit as I'm off to the chemist now to get some medicine for my rather painful throat :mkay:

Thought it was a good nite numbers were good only dissapointment...Gettin twatted by some townie fuck!Wrong place wrong time i guess, these people should leave there bad attitudes at the door...Anyways enough of this!
PENDULUM ARE LARGE

drove up in a minibus from london 4 this,got 2 the venue and the que was LARGE.got in and heard sdm and triple m rollin out the place.got a couple of drinks and then pendulum came on wiv 2shy and the vibes went mental (gotta say i think 2shy has a certain sum'ting about creating vibes in venues nowadays).im not always in2 the pendulum sound but fuck me they turned the heat up in last nite wiv 2shy doin his thing on the mic it was goin off baby.then up next came lemon d and dillinja doin 1/2 half each.gotta admit i was very dissapointed wiv lemon d,everytime i've heard him hes clanged out the dance but i've always givin him the benefit of doubt but after last nite i gotta say the guy is truely AWFUL at mixing and it must be a struggle 4 an mc 2 work wiv him in all honesty.anywayz then came dillinja and business picked up again,he rolled it out wiv some dutty tracks.then came friction ........wat can i say the breda hurt up the gaff wiv some serious tight mixing and a dutty selection i think it was freestyle on the mic but couldnt tell cos the mic was so low at this point.but all in all a very good nite indeed that was my 2nd trip 2 pompey and it wont be the last trust me.is there anything going on around new years??????? BIG UP BREAKNECK yet another slammin nite,set of the nite 4 me was pendulum and 2shy.....set the standard and created the vibes.peace.SUBZZZZZZZ

Photos now online, see first post ;]

Yeah wicked night! Myself and Triple M went for a more anthem based set this time since we seem to lose a lot of attention when we touch down with the harder stuff. It was a lot of fun, and it looks like everyone enjoyed it! Maximum respect to Gibber for holding down the mic, perfect job, I can't really say anything else! Definitely my favourite up and comer, big up mate.

Pendulum turned up about 20 minutes late due to problems with traffic, weather, and directions! They got there in the end and smashed the venue apart as soon as they touched down. Tune after tune after tune, my favourite set of the night no doubt. Then stepped up the mighty Dillinja / Lemon D, standard Valve business here, big bad heavy tunes, crunchin' your cage!

Also need to add that 2Shy rolled it out in his true professional style, definitely deserves all the bookings he gets! Very, very sick MC, and big up for rollin' the dnbforum.com T-shirt, boh!

Finally, everyone's favourite deejay, Friction stepped up! He is just too good for words, I really want to see him on three decks now as I think two decks isn't even a challenge for him these days.

All in all a fat night, big up the Breakneck massive, you all know who you are! Big up Chris TOV for coming down, and a massive big up to the Valve backstage gang, extremely nice people as always, the system sounded off the hook!

Look out for next month, Grooverider.

subz said:
is there anything going on around new years???????
Yeah mate, it's Drum & Bass in room one, and Hip-Hop in room two, with an extra late license of 4AM!

I believe the lineup in the D&B room is Friction, Mampi Swift, SDM & Triple M (4 decks), Charge, M-Code & Chamberz, although don't quote me on that ;]

I'm sure confirmed details will be released any time now.

a truely awsome night, cant think of a better breakneck ive been too - Those new dillinja tunes had me standing there with my jaw to the floor :rslayer:

SDM & Triple M got nice an dark towards the end, if my memory serves me right - Always a heavyweight selection. :tank:

Pendulum were supreme, shame bout turing up late, El Hornets mixing is soooo tight - What was there first tune? defo another pendu ripper, I think Friction played it as well.

Breakneck is easliy the hottest rave on the south coast, an with the 2 year birthday celebration as good as it was, i cant wait to see what NYE is gonna be like.

Absolutely tearin' night! I fucking loved that....big up everyone who went and made it what it was. Duttiness. Big up teh SDM and Triple M, really enjoyed your set guys.....

Big up the Valve crew for getting the levels right on for everything, and big ups to the Breakneck lot for your 2nd birthday......may there be many more to come. Big up anyone who bought me a drink as well.....they certainly did the job :beers:

Fucking excellent. Roll on the Rider. Peace.

Fuckin heavy heavy heavy night!!!! Big up all the DJ's. Particularly impressed with SDM and Triple M this time, nice one lads!! Pendulum tore down the place as well, always wanted to see you guys, heavy, and a little darker than I expected to be fair.

Im well impressed with the women there too: Respect to miss "Hot Bitch", you know how to move girl!!

Can someone please tell me the name of the tune that Friction played last? It's the one I was trying to hum really badly backstage at the beginning, for all those who heard it! :kermit:

Wicked night as always, Valve sounding crisper than ever!

@ Gibber, think Friction dropped Let Loose by the militia last if memory serves - however I was extremely drunk by then :teeth: oh and you sounded sick last night bro!

Charge said:
Wicked night as always, Valve sounding crisper than ever!

@ Gibber, think Friction dropped Let Loose by the militia last if memory serves - however I was extremely drunk by then :teeth: oh and you sounded sick last night bro!

Cheers mang :boom:

gibber's definately the boom ting! you killed it friday man, kicked off your residency in style.
i predict big things for you young sir, and i'm behind you all the way :hotpants: ;)

skope said:
gibber's definately the boom ting! you killed it friday man, kicked off your residency in style.
i predict big things for you young sir, and i'm behind you all the way :hotpants: ;)
:word:

thought the tune selection was spot on, hearing pendulum on the valve was a pleasure! friction just gets better and better every time, the guy is sick! :gun:
Maximum respect to owain and the crew for putting on such a good night, the system was particularly crisp and the lighting, lasers and everything were tighter than ever! :applause:

big up to all the crew, see y'all at grooverider :respekt: :2thumbs:

so wats the line up 4 next month then?i'm gathering that grooveriders down there,who else?might come down inna minibus again,haha,feeling breakneck mannnnnnnnnn.

subz said:
so wats the line up 4 next month then?i'm gathering that grooveriders down there,who else?might come down inna minibus again,haha,feeling breakneck mannnnnnnnnn.

Next 2 events down below :boom:

Back
Top Bottom