Drum & Bass Breaken - Far Away

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by zikol, Mar 18, 2013.

1. zikol

zikol New Member

Hey everyone!
    This is my first post on this forum and also first track I've done and I would like to share it with you

I just got into producing recently (about 4-5 months ago) and I would really appreciate some feedback.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  2. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

rule number 1 - embed your link or most of the ignorant peeps on here wont listen to it! :) , it sounds pretty good for your first track, i like those square wave wobbly synth hits, the drums seem a little drowned by the bass, maybe eq some of that bass down between 100-200 to leave space for kick and snare punch, if u low pass the bass itll let the highs come out a bit more :) sounds pretty gooooood and chilled, also the drums are 4/4 , the second kick should be like 2 steps before the snare to make it breakbeat (drum n bass drums) , sounds good tho bro

3. zikol

zikol New Member

Thanks for response, I am really glad you like it. I took your advice and eq the bass just a little bit because there is not much space to eq since the bass was lowpassed in the first place and when I try to eq it a little bit more it just fades away. The drums were intended. I actually started this track with normal dnb breakbeat but in the end I found out them better like this. I've got few more projects I've been working on recently and I will post them soon. I hope for more feedback like this in the future because people here look at music from different angle and say more than just "nice" or "man that's good" :p

4. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

ah ok i feel u thats fine if the drums are meant to be like that haha i thought it might have been an accident, and yeah maybe its just the volume of the bass then, good work