DnB Breakbeat Piano Liquid Track Feedback!

Digging the chords and the echoey synth thing. Love that guitar though! Is that a sample or did you play that? Not digging that high hat loop at the beginning. Beat works a little better from 0.58 when that high hat loop drops off. Maybe remove it altogether or replace it with something else? That double bass sound is a little cheesy. What synth/sampler did you use for that double bass? Maybe try a different one?

The biggest thing this tune needs though is some kind of melody.

Digging the chords and the echoey synth thing. Love that guitar though! Is that a sample or did you play that? Not digging that high hat loop at the beginning. Beat works a little better from 0.58 when that high hat loop drops off. Maybe remove it altogether or replace it with something else? That double bass sound is a little cheesy. What synth/sampler did you use for that double bass? Maybe try a different one?

The biggest thing this tune needs though is some kind of melody.

Some vocals could probably have been really nice,
I love the piano, that crisp and clean piano sound is something special.
Not a fan of the filtered down ambient sound, maybe it's a bit loud? Could it go deeper?

Overall likeing the song, it's nice work!

Second on the first high hat loop and for adding a melody, I think the problem is the hat loop is too loud in the mix and very repetitive, you could also add some tension and release into the track with some risers white noise etc,
Cool sounds though a little work and the track can be real nice !!

Thanks for all the advice everyone! think half some of the issues were definitely because of bad mixing, seems to work a lot better now with the hat loop and the filtered arpeggiated piano (although still considering replacing it entirely,) changed up the double bass sample too.

Vocals would be nice but don't know any vocalists so may have to wait.

Really struggling with a melody so any help is much appreciated!

Thanks for all the advice everyone! think half some of the issues were definitely because of bad mixing, seems to work a lot better now with the hat loop and the filtered arpeggiated piano (although still considering replacing it entirely,) changed up the double bass sample too.

Vocals would be nice but don't know any vocalists so may have to wait.

Really struggling with a melody so any help is much appreciated!
Have the same problem with vocals, but I think you shouldn't worry so much about the vocals being original or unique. Find something cool anywhere and just put in in there (providing you have the rights to use it ofc.) Don't worry so much about someone else recognizing the sample. just make it fit in the song and it will add a lot of texture and variation. atleast that's what I trying to tell myself, lol.

Also I try to think the same about the melody, just find something cool and put it in there, the progression itself doesn't have to be unique (good luck trying to find that) as long as the rest of the song is yours.

Back
Top Bottom