[BREAKBEAT] Frustrate - TheGrinningMenace..

FrustrateUK

Mad Scientist
Track i put together pretty quickly and uploaded last night.. It`s kinda going back to my roots of prodigy-esque/hiphop/downtempo breakbeat.

Really digging the vibe of it and think i`ll do more along these lines but i think i`m guilty of crushing the levels just a bit too much and losing some of the original dynamics of the track between laying down the basic elements and putting the production on it. Thoughts/opinions appreciated:

The extended atmospheric outro i really wanted to put at the beginning and build up, but thought i`d probably lose listeners interest. Think next time i should stick to my guns and do it how i`d like it..

So things i think i should revisit:

Pull back the levels and re-introduce some lost dynamics ( it`s too loud ).
Re-do the arrangement and go with my gut instead of trying to make it mix friendly.

Again, thoughts and opinions appreciated.

This sounds pretty dope man! Drums really hit the spot. I think you could have a bit more of an intro actually, you could've perhaps just made a shorter version of the atmospheric stuff? Anyway, mix sounds clear from what I can tell so.. Nice one! :)

The breaks in this are all original sampled vinyl business but i do spend a lot of time on my drums, layering/producing etc.. I`ll do a breakdown of what breaks are there if you like ;)

Drums are fine. In love with the pad at around 1.10 and that BASS at 1.31!!! give it some more sub if I was you. And like you noted, fix the arrangement. Partly because it is your track and meant to please you not us (at the end of the day) and partly because I feel that I am listening to 2 different tracks rather than one. Still, musically it is bloddy there so keep on working on it. You've got a good basis already :)

This is cool. I think you could work on structure and transitions more. It would help the song flow better. I am diggin' this style.

Back
Top Bottom