Breakage - So Vain / Mars

noisemonkey

I was chatting to a mate of mine in local record shop today about this tune and although he's a fan of heavy tune's he didn't get this one. Even more surprising when you listen to the sumo wrestler heaviness of the subs in this track. What's even better is the way that they are offset by dub styled melodic atmospherics which give the track an extra lift and a different angle on what's usually done with amen tunes. After the second drop another hundred tons of bass is liberally sprinkled amongst the lower depths of the tune. Can't wait to hear this one on the Valve.

Mars on the other side is much more conventionally rolling although the way that the drums are put together is much more fluid than the usual two step. This is an ideal tune to slot in those hard to fill moments in the middle of a set. Rocking.

His stuff was always decent. Is this record out yet? I'd like to hear some clips of it.

There was this one Breakage tune that was on the Knowledge Baily CD a while back that was rather nice. I tried to order it from BBS but it wasn't out yet. I haven't tried since but I'll keep an eye out for his stuff in general. Hopefully hes still doing that nice retro stuff and not tech/clown step.

1992, So Vain is an Amen/Sub/Dub Vox affair, very retro. Mars is, as noisemonkey said, more a standard roller. You'd like one of them, I think.

And I don't expect any clownstep from Breakage.

Amazing track, tore the place to bits when i heard it last
A shame the promo sold out in about 10 seconds at my local

A firm contender for my tune of the year.

Lemon D played it on the Valve on Friday night, and I swear it was the bassiest tune of the whole evening!

Mulla said:
A firm contender for my tune of the year.

Lemon D played it on the Valve on Friday night, and I swear it was the bassiest tune of the whole evening!

it certainly was I was right next to a speaker stack when it dropped.. :mr_cool:

Does anyone remmber that "unoffical remix" he did of

Doc Scott - here comes the drums

That was a heavy heavy heavy tune.

Back
Top Bottom