Break - Vanishing Point/Tell Me

Time Dependant

Jungle Hunter
VIP Junglist
Vanishing Point
Fast rising star Break comes back to Eastside for another release courtisy of A Side.
Chunky kick drums & a well executed ragga snare open with ghosting mist FX seeping throughout the background, while an underlying shaker set repeatedly taunts bassbin attacks from the depths.
Simple movement & rhythm selections have been used to roll through the track, not creating a huge impression on first listen but slowly you get an understanding that this tune is all about the combination of small FX counter acting each other & building a story rather than a smasher. The itching shakers create the backbone while the male vocal hit links together a hypnotic 'Shadow Boxing' style bassline with some snarling reese filters & cute cymbal hits. The hi-hats & shakers are what drive this track & create the main body never over complicating just looking for ways to evolve without been to abstract.
This track rides low key & never rise's or erupts into anything that will bring the house down at 2am purely for the fact it was never created to be like that, this is Break showing his artistic & thoughtful side on how tunes should be sounding when you need a switch every 8 to 16 bars without the wobbly bass & frantic synth lines.

Overall: 7/10

Tell Me
Picture London 4am in the morning, your driving through looking around & suddenly you realise alot more about whats around you & how good things can be, & how good drum & bass music really is because there's nothing in the world that can make you feel like this. The intro is a feel good thinking tune, It's thoughtful, beautiful & mesmerising, the sweet female vocals which have been cleanly chopped & pasted together make the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end every single time I spin this back for another listen. Air pressured synths float epicly along a street lit guitar lick & doubled snares remind me of trains running along tracks at 90mph's. The staggered kick drums build & build then drop instantly into a sublime bass & cheeky jungle rhythms, sparking from every angle then whipping up those female vocals once again to get some emotion running through that body. Sit & have a real good listen to Tell Me as there are some amazing production skills used & abused by Break & this is him at his best, just making music he loves & converting into something others can enjoy.

I can't get enough of this & I know alot of the harder d&b fans are going to neglect this but music is an art to!!

Overall 9/10

Coming On: Eastside Records

Last edited:
Loving this one. Didn't catch the subtlety of Vanishing Point until I played it on a system (y)

Tell me is a baaaaad tune as well.

Nice review!

Big up the Break and DNAudio peeps!

freeagent said:
Loving this one. Didn't catch the subtlety of Vanishing Point until I played it on a system (y)

Tell me is a baaaaad tune as well.

Nice review!

Big up the Break and DNAudio peeps!

Totally agreed, this guy is going to be huge by February of next year, & I can't wait for his new label to!!

smashing 12"... I'd rate Vanishing Point a lil higher because its just a nice roller with the sub...but Tell Me is really the gem of this 12"...maybe my favorite tune Break has done to date...just bootyful

Back
Top Bottom