Break sampling question

Topsoul

I want to use some old funk breaks in my beats to fatten 'em up a bit and add some real shuffle, but once I download the break - i.e. think break or amen for use in a liquid track - I don't know how to fit it to the tempo of my dnb track. If someone could tell me how to do this in FL Studio that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

I just figured this out the other day.

- Right click anywhere in the window with all the automation clips, sounds, etc and pick insert audio track.
- Right click the box that pops up and select load sample.
- Paste the sample into the playlist window thingamajig.
- Bring up the box with all the options ["channel settings"] for the audio clip [by clicking the appropriate box a few times.]
- Theres a thingy there called "time stretching" under which you'll find a drop box that usually says "Resample", change this to "Slice Stretch".
- Turn the "time" knob next to it until your break fills 1 or 2 or however many bars you need on the playlist... thingy.

That's it really.

Last edited:
Right click the sample in your file browser and send to FL Slicer channel.
That will chop the sample up in individual hits and it will mostly fit the tempo.
Sometimes you'll need to adjust the time or bars knobs a bit.

that's cool that you can do that in FLStudio. I have to bump stuff to wavs and stretch in Soundbooth with Reason.

I'm not dreaming am i? FLstudio is not MAC compatible?

Back
Top Bottom