Break - Resistance, vinyl press problem?!

nelsonr

Bagged Break's Resistance yesterday and noticed after playing Martyr, that just before the breakdown it loops over and over again. A mate of mine said that this happened to him as well, but i just put that down to a pressing error, but seems it has happened to mine. Anyone know how if there is a way to fix this (probably not)? Or just email Symmetry or something? :S

inspect the record first!
can u see a blemish or scratch there?
have u tried cleaning it?

i have had records that do this when using a poor quality stylus but work fine using a better one.

Just tested and mine plays fine. However I don't like the mastering on Resistance. Some of the eq levels seem too high and they seem to have substituted clarity for noise. Maybe that's why the needle's jumping out of the groove

I'm pissed off about mine, a massive chunk has come out of the Don't Look Down record, and it skips just before the drop. Haven't played Martyr in a while but don't remember any problems..

double whammy

Yup, the chunk that came out didn't actually affect the playback of the tune so I dealt with it, but it's now fucked. Really tried to look after it well but it seems it doesn't want to be played.

Dont think I have ever bothered with any of the other plates bar the first one!! Dont look down is the only one that matters imo

Dont think I have ever bothered with any of the other plates bar the first one!! Dont look down is the only one that matters imo

What the fuck are you on about?

Slow Down? Too Much? Salvage? Conference Call? All fucking incredible tunes. The whole LP is essential. Not many albums nowadays are made like that

What the fuck are you on about?

Slow Down? Too Much? Salvage? Conference Call? All fucking incredible tunes. The whole LP is essential. Not many albums nowadays are made like that

Yeah too much is on the first plate isnt it? Dont get me wrong, all quality, but its not like ur gunna play the whole LP in a set is it, hense y the first plate is sufficiant for me

Just tested and mine plays fine. However I don't like the mastering on Resistance. Some of the eq levels seem too high and they seem to have substituted clarity for noise. Maybe that's why the needle's jumping out of the groove

definitly no probs on the CD, its crystal!

definitly no probs on the CD, its crystal!

Yeah I was referring to the vinyl mastering. Sounds worse than the CD even using shure whitelabels.

Return to the Temple EP also sounds awful on vinyl. Both mastered by Beau. Maybe I'm being overly critical.

mine did the same on the same tune, i just took it back and got a new copy, i wondered wether thats why it came with the CD

It definitely haven't anything to do with that! The CD's are on most Albums at the moment which are distributed over St Holdings. Even If LP, Mosaic Vol.1 LP etc.

I have no problems whatsoever with the Vinyl. All are sounding great. Mastering is nicely done... IMO

Yeah I was referring to the vinyl mastering. Sounds worse than the CD even using shure whitelabels.

Return to the Temple EP also sounds awful on vinyl. Both mastered by Beau. Maybe I'm being overly critical.

Beau is the best masterer in the game so it wont be because of that

Back
Top Bottom