break neak wata let down.....

12 inch grinch

VIP Junglist
no disrespect but wat the fuk was friday all about .. personally that fireman sam scam was the shitist blag around ... was it because there was only 20 people outside at 10.00pm.

Not sure you know what your talking about?
It wasnt a scam, it was a mistake/accident - these things happen.
What promoter in their right mind would want to evacuate a club!

Its understandable you were pissed off with the turnout, most peeps in the club were, but theres no need to start a conspiracy....

I bet when a dj doesnt turn up you think the promoters cancelled them to save money and not that they may be lost or given wrong directions for the venue!!

Dont mean to rant but you needed telling.

L8trs
:antitank:

What the fuck!

Constructive critism always gratefully received...

I didn't see or hear any disappointed faces or complaints inside the venue.

So much for claiming your support for the up and coming local Djs

:shake:

:rave:

Last edited:
First of all - i unfortunatley didnt make it to this one an cant comment on the mistake/accident, but almost every Breakneck ive been to - arriving promptly to check SDM & Triple M, we have been kept waiting outside the front so it aint a one-off thing.

The event is billed as 9 til 2, an when peeps make the effort to be there early (regardless whether there is 2 people of 200 queueing), its fustrating being kept waiting.

There is a million-an-one things that could go wrong with a rinsin’ event, and pretty much everything has been taken into account making Breakneck an almost flawless night imo.

Ive always had wicked nights regardless - but if before Ive even got in, Ive had to stand in a queue for ages, my energy supply an high spirits have diminished a little!

Still - that said, I definitley couldnt do better, even if I had an army of mo-fos to help, Breakneck Rules!!

Ok.

On Friday at 9pm as we were just about to open, as we were switching everything on, there was a fault with a smoke machine which poured out heavy clouds of smoke, triggering a smoke alarm, causing the entire building to be evacuated, and the fire brigade to be called.

(Great scam! Ruining our own first hour and M-Code's set!).

We always try to open as close to 9pm as poss, but there are often delays, usually caused by last minute security checks, etc.

We do not deliberately hold up or delay the queue for any reason.

As I've said, constructive critism is always gratefully received...

i fink the night would be betta with risque buisness playin!!!!!nah jokes.i agree with jay about the entry times but i have to give it 2 breakneck that when we do get in.....its well worth the wait.and may b (IF) the risque crew :mad: do get big we will be able to play alongside sdm & triple m.big up your selves all of the breakneck cru!!!!!!!

The week before (jarred-hard trance night) the fire alarm went off half way through the night and everybody had to get out for at least half an hour!!!! These things cannot be helped, and why would anyone want it to happen anyway, as it just ruins things for all involved.
Personally all things consider I still think it was a wicked night- Bryan gee rinsing heavy dubplate after dubplate, ed rush... is ed rush.

Not as rammed as normal, but then if a line up and legendary production like that doesnt pack a venue out then how the f**k can you expect to do more regular nights with up and coming dj's. Lets be serious can we please! Not just live in dream world!

Sorry man, but i reckon your slating was totally outa place as im sure most peeps on here would agree.
:thumbsd:

D BREAKNECK said:
Ok.

On Friday at 9pm as we were just about to open, as we were switching everything on, there was a fault with a smoke machine which poured out heavy clouds of smoke, triggering a smoke alarm, causing the entire building to be evacuated, and the fire brigade to be called.

You should always check that out in advance. :weirdo:

Heh.... if it was a club or warehouse you wouldn't have to worry about those things. What sort of venue was it anyway?

I once set up my lights at a classmates parents house. The place had some sort of ADT style security/fire alarm system which would call the police by itself if there was a break in or fire. So we had to physicaly remove all of the smoke detectors from the walls so they wouldn't go off from my fog machine.

:shades:

1992 said:
You should always check that out in advance. :weirdo:

Heh.... if it was a club or warehouse you wouldn't have to worry about those things. What sort of venue was it anyway?

It's a 1200 capacity (biggest club in Portsmouth) sorta venue!

With 'large' scale production...

boooooooooooooo!

fuck off man!!!

breakneck was as good as it could of been considering it was half empty (what the fuck!)

i couldnt believe it! ed rush!!! and it was half empty!!

still , if you get to the front you dont notice it was half empty!
and there was fuck all people watching freeland what the fuck!

maybe breakneck can see that its not invincible which cant be a bad thing keeps ya on your toes.!

keep up the good work guys!

Serum said:
Don't let a little negative talk get in the way

I'll second that.

I wasnt there so I dont know all the ins and outs of it, but from what Ive heard, I dont see why they would want to 'scam' everyone in that way? How would they have benefited from it in any way possible?

:monkey:

RJM said:
Not sure you know what your talking about?
It wasnt a scam, it was a mistake/accident - these things happen.
What promoter in their right mind would want to evacuate a club!

Its understandable you were pissed off with the turnout, most peeps in the club were, but theres no need to start a conspiracy....

I bet when a dj doesnt turn up you think the promoters cancelled them to save money and not that they may be lost or given wrong directions for the venue!!

Dont mean to rant but you needed telling.

L8trs
:antitank:
i aint narrow minded bruv chill out .. i got enough respect 4 break nek and dnb in the south we pay are money the same as any one else its the same every breaknek half hour to 45mins delay i wana get in there at 9 the same as most people things do happen but wat club is gona start lettin peeps in at 9 wen there is only 20 people out side even at 10 there was only a thew more .. thay should of let that mad guy in the flaresent outfit chek out the buildin insted of the the fire bargade comin ha ha.. im shaw that the next rave onda 12th will make up 4 any delays in the past .. cant wait ,...

bad ace inc. said:
i fink the night would be betta with risque buisness playin!!!!!nah jokes.i agree with jay about the entry times but i have to give it 2 breakneck that when we do get in.....its well worth the wait.and may b (IF) the risque crew :mad: do get big we will be able to play alongside sdm & triple m.big up your selves all of the breakneck cru!!!!!!!
yo we want .. bad ace and risque bussness. breakneck is fat wen ya in there but thers to much waitin around just think if you were warmin up and 30 mins into your set people arnt even in yet will you be pissed off , with my comments if think im the most popular on the dnb forum yey if they dont like constructive critisisim the wat do they like .. your new trak is heavey jay told me about it well done waynealdo very nice

That BreakNeck wasn't all that bad - although did arrive later than planned - what I saw was still quality. :nurr_nur:

Big shouts out to SMD & Tripple M for jumping onto the last set of the night. Lovin some of them tunes.

Something sounded bit dodgy with the sound system later on tho. Heard some 'Bang' go off at bout 1.00. Sounded like gun shot :sniper: ...... or a speaker stack fallin over!
o_O

D BREAKNECK said:
It's a 1200 capacity (biggest club in Portsmouth) sorta venue!

With 'large' scale production...

So your saying it was an established night club which probably has the smoke machine going all the time anyway. It probably was more involved then that, I doubt a smoke machine in a real nightclub would set a fire alarm off.... I'll guess someone pulled the fire alarm thinking the building was on fire. o_O

I don't know, I wasn't there. But whatever the cause I'm sorry to hear that it happened.

Last edited:
i didnt go to breakneck as i have become a bit demoralised with it all,
i feel scammed (not by the promoters but by the djs) when the residents play far better sets than supposedly elite djs (not because the residents are good but because the 'big names' should really in theory be better) and i end up spending about the same amount of money as when i go out in london but for only half the raving time...another thing (n again this isnt the fault of the promoters) but the crowd just aint what it was :|...finally im all for a no mc policy, but if it is that then it shud b that and not just mediocre mcs on the mic...im sure they used to just be in the background which was fine, but when i last went they seemed to be taking over
sorry for the rant coz i have had some good nights at breakneck...but these are the reasons that we dont go down no more

but on the up side the production has always been high class and sdm n triple m always rinse it :)

sub vibes said:
i didnt go to breakneck as i have become a bit demoralised with it all,
i feel scammed (not by the promoters but by the djs) when the residents play far better sets than supposedly elite djs (not because the residents are good but because the 'big names' should really in theory be better) and i end up spending about the same amount of money as when i go out in london but for only half the raving time...another thing (n again this isnt the fault of the promoters) but the crowd just aint what it was :|...finally im all for a no mc policy, but if it is that then it shud b that and not just mediocre mcs on the mic...im sure they used to just be in the background which was fine, but when i last went they seemed to be taking over
sorry for the rant coz i have had some good nights at breakneck...but these are the reasons that we dont go down no more

but on the up side the production has always been high class and sdm n triple m always rinse it :)
Thank you sub vibes :thumbsup:

Appreciation is always appreciated :D

Don't forget it's the Vs night on the 12th December!

sdm, Triple M, RJM, M-Code (so many Mmmm'sssss!!), Ringle, Element :slayer:

Back
Top Bottom