BREAK - LIGHT SPEED

Sick beat, love the quality :). I love Jump up as much as break, but break seems to edge over on the 'real song' feel. Jump up artists seem to have a more laid out formula!. peace

this for me is the best track off the album and cant see how it didnt make 12"???>..bassline just rolls ity out, no other producer would of been able to produce a b- line without drowning the tune... talent!!!!!!!!!!!

was aimed at general break-loving neuro public, i wont post any more shit here and im sorry i just had to let it out

the reason for that, the dude is ultra talented without acting like a cunt about it. 50 - 60%? what? have you seen how many tracks hes made? hundreds mate. hes a machine. there arnt any jump producers who can touch this level of production at all

those 'hooked up' & 'traits' are serious businesssssssssssssssssssssssss

god you lot have shit taste for music and then you try and cuss out jump up lol seriay geeeez
break is ok 50-60% of his tunes are sick and 'last chance' is the best track off the album

Break has his style and technique down absolutely tightly, yet he can still be varied around his groove. Light Speed is a good example of this - a more mellow, melodic piece with sweeping pads and vocal samples, yet his tight syncopated beats and lovely layering of percussion are still there, just a bit further back in the mix to let the instrumental elements come to the fore.

His dirty subbass is there too :D

Consider this - when Break was first discovered, he was mixing down his tunes on plain old speakers with broken cones, and they STILL sounded fucking good. I'd like to see most jumpup producers produce sick mixdowns with knackered speakers.

A lot of jumpup I hear I hate because it's just so repetitive without any kind of variation whatsoever - at least people like Hazard will subtly vary their tracks as they progress, most jumpup tunes are just two bars repeated, a switched up bassline for the last two bars of each sequence and then they just repeat until the breakdown and the second drop (at which point you have more of the same). That to me is far more boring than an hour of tunes from someone like Break.

Of course though, this is the Internet, so who cares

Break has his style and technique down absolutely tightly, yet he can still be varied around his groove. Light Speed is a good example of this - a more mellow, melodic piece with sweeping pads and vocal samples, yet his tight syncopated beats and lovely layering of percussion are still there, just a bit further back in the mix to let the instrumental elements come to the fore.

His dirty subbass is there too :D

Consider this - when Break was first discovered, he was mixing down his tunes on plain old speakers with broken cones, and they STILL sounded fucking good. I'd like to see most jumpup producers produce sick mixdowns with knackered speakers.

A lot of jumpup I hear I hate because it's just so repetitive without any kind of variation whatsoever - at least people like Hazard will subtly vary their tracks as they progress, most jumpup tunes are just two bars repeated, a switched up bassline for the last two bars of each sequence and then they just repeat until the breakdown and the second drop (at which point you have more of the same). That to me is far more boring than an hour of tunes from someone like Break.

Of course though, this is the Internet, so who cares

you my man, are a legend.
:word:

best producer in the game today?

think you'd find it harder to name anyone who consistantly produces track after glistening track, of pure, clean, raw drum driven bass bliss, that's abrasive yet sublime at the same time, than break.

break = the don dapper dan.

Who else could remix a classic like Bambaata, yes BAMBAATA and make it sound amazing. Break is drums and bass. Head and shoulders above most.

i would love to have a verbal fight right now about this subject but i told chloe i wouldnt put any more anti-break comments here so i wont although it is very tempting :D

Back
Top Bottom