Break Appreciation Thread

perspective

Sausage Rolls
VIP Junglist
He's my favourite producer by far. I find myself mixing more of his tunes than anyone elses.

In terms of things he's done fairly recently, be sure to get the Subversion EP (every track on that is brilliant and they're very versatile tunes to mix as well), the Submerged / Quest (with Calyx and Teebee) release, Shipment / Enigma (with Calibre) release and Splashstep which is b/w Diplodocus. Also Symmetry LP his album, which I haven't bought yet, but has been bigged up on here a lot.

Symmetry is well worth getting - I've got the CD version but I'm going to buy it on vinyl soon as well. I have Submerged/Quest and Splashstep, probably in my top 5 favourite records :D

I'll have to check out Subversion, as well as Shipment/Engima, Calibre are awesome too so it can only mean good things (y)

i totally agree, ive been studying is drums and they sound so big and heavy, top notch production. this fella certainly knows his way around a studio desk judging by weight of his beats. mate, that track 'Authentic' with 'Catch off' on the flip is some seriously slick production right there.

and yeah, his new album is incredible stuff, i love the tunes hes done with Kyo too, i think hes used a real string section on them cos they sound so friggin real anf good.

every single person ive played his stuff too has freaked out nad uttered 'oh my god'

i mean, just chuck 'Reach out' and watch em squirm lol

i love the guy!

also, that MUTT is making some incredible music too, if you go dnb Arena, one of his tunes is a free download called 'Saturdays' - and its 320kbps - i fuckin love it

i totally agree, ive been studying is drums and they sound so big and heavy, top notch production. this fella certainly knows his way around a studio desk judging by weight of his beats. mate, that track 'Authentic' with 'Catch off' on the flip is some seriously slick production right there.

and yeah, his new album is incredible stuff, i love the tunes hes done with Kyo too, i think hes used a real string section on them cos they sound so friggin real anf good.

every single person ive played his stuff too has freaked out nad uttered 'oh my god'

i mean, just chuck 'Reach out' and watch em squirm lol

i love the guy!

also, that MUTT is making some incredible music too, if you go dnb Arena, one of his tunes is a free download called 'Saturdays' - and its 320kbps - i fuckin love it

i had my sub turned up proper loud last night and kept playing 'is this what you want', two of my housemates came in my room all like :slayer:

more than anything i'm loving break because he has his own style... i reckon if it wern't for people like break, lynx, cyantific etc then dnb would just evolve into a giant pot of amens, wobs and kung-fu movie quotes.

i'll check out mutt - i head feelings for you a couple of days ago, it had a nice vibe to it.

oh, hold tight son. the controller and riisu. that's all you need to know.

big tingz a run.

break rules. just so consistent. can bag any new tune by him without even listening to it. although i do. and its always sick

break rules. just so consistent. can bag any new tune by him without even listening to it. although i do. and its always sick

same as!

just out of interest, is that a picture of one of your peices?

i do graff - ill stick some pics up later so you can see some of mine if your interested:rinsed:

same as!

just out of interest, is that a picture of one of your peices?

i do graff - ill stick some pics up later so you can see some of mine if your interested:rinsed:

i wish!! cant remember where i found it just thought it was sick. used to graff, havent done it in a while though. put ya stuff up!

@kemzino & gcurt1s

if your ever in bristol, have a cruise round st pauls area, the main road thru there, i think its gloucster/cheltenham road has some sick graff theres a banksy piece up there too.

Loads of banksy around london, love seeing em in random places.

Also, on topic, big up the break!

Symmetry EP is too much, i can safely say every tune on their is a banger in its own respect!

Submerged VIP/Calyx & Teebee remix is huge

and the calibre remix of enigma is somethin special

So to sum up.. BREAK is a BADMAN

Lets face it, biggest tune is Talk To Frank remix. Why is no-one mentioning it?!

yeah man! break is on fire atm! i made myself a lil mixtape after i got the symmertry album and half of the tracks i mixed up on there were by break or at least remixed by him. loving splash step, jungle step, reach out, comming from the top, talk 2 frank rmx, is this what u want (& yeah that was what i wanted-how phat is that tune, the b-line sounds similar to comming from the top but so much harder, gotta love it) cant wait for more of his tunes to make their way into my collection!

whoa!!! how we forgot about destiny comes ringing!!! gotta be my favourite!!

Back
Top Bottom