Break - 10 Years of Symmetry LP

Betamax is good
With that combo was hoping for some more unique drums though - in my head a TS & Break combo has always been about them making the sickest rolling break ever heard
Not this time I guess

Does anyone else find Break's use of soaring diva vocals in these big aggro bangers a bit jarring? It doesn't work and just sounds cringe imo.
Not for me, but I've been a big fan of diva vocals since the start of the 90s. I tend to like anything "ravey" in general, tbh, even though it's cheesy :D

@lug00ber I agree! I have such fond memories of the Acid House/Warehouse/Rave era- any vibe that recreates that is fine by me! I'm not even sure it has to be cheesy either... If you love R&B how can you call Motown Soul cheesy- it's like ignoring the roots and heritage of your music!! For me to be a D&B fan but hate Rave sounds is the same. Just my humble opinion though- I know plenty of people have come into D&B far later and as such are not coloured by that nostalgic element to their listening experience..

Seems I was a little harsh about this release. Boston collab, Overdub, Left Behind and Not Forgotten are all nice tunes.

Back
Top Bottom