Break - 10 Years of Symmetry LP

WAYNE.png

Been thinking for a while that Claus is Dalek in disguise

They are actually complete opposites, Claus knowingly tries to wind people up and doesnt care what people think. Dalek unknowingly winds every one up, tries his best to fit in but always manages to balls it up. Plus both have left a searchable trail of nonsense across the internet

Geez, fist world problems around here!

Who Got Da Funk is a murker...not sold on Give it to Me. Can't not buy a Break plate though - looking forward to the rest of the album. Hoping for some Boston on vinyl finally!

Surely thou, if you think Break's work has become samey just go listen to something else.

Personally, it's artists like Break who stick to their own sound & have done for such a long time that I respect the most.

I'm feeling both of these but "Who Got Da Fuck" is the one :flamzom:

I love Break. I probably own more singles by him than any other artist (apart from Calibre. Maybe.) but recently his tunes have been missing the 'staying power' that his earlier efforts possess. I rarely draw from Simpler Times LP these days and still draw constantly from the early Quarantine stuff and his first LP. His recent tunes have a certain 'wow, look what he's done with the drums' factor but it doesn't take long before I go off them. And for me, this new release is no different.

The drums' he doe's now are nothing different to what DLR has been doing for years. I mean, they sound great and all but they just can't replace the classic chops that he used to innovate with.

Back
Top Bottom