Brand new samples! Villem & Mcleod Drum & Bass Sample Pack

Villem

Good afternoon everyone,

Myself and Mcleod have been creating samples this past month and collated them into the 'Villem & Mcleod Drum & Bass Sample Pack'!

Heres what other are saying about it:

Friction:

"Some great, original sounding elements for aspiring dnb producers"

Mako:

"Villem and Mcleod come with the flavours once again, this time in the guise of one of the best sample packs out there"

BCee:

"For sample based producers like me I'm always on the lookout for new sample packs which pack a punch but still sound authentic and organic. You can hear the time and effort that Villem & Mcleod have put into this pack. This is packed full of A grade material. Without a doubt some of these sounds will be subtly appearing in some future BCee tunes!"

Total Science (CIA):

"Another quality pack from the guys. You could write an LP with these, i'm pretty sure somebody will!"

To check out all the demo tracks which have been created using only the samples within the pack, and to purchase and DL please head here:

www.villemmusic.com

If any of you have any questions regarding production I will do my best to answer them!

Much peace, Villem

Re: Brand new samples! Villem & Mcleod Drum & Bass Sample Pack

Tracks sound awesome, always after fresh samples myself so well on this! Nice one (y)

- - - Updated - - -

I have a question about bass actually; Say you've got a bunch of resampled basses that have lots of movement but in turn the sub frequencys now sound horrible, do you have any tips on cleaning this up or would you painstakingly do a dedicated sub? Deep down i know the answer but just wondered if there was any techniques to utilise the sub in the bass.

Cheers!

Tracks sound awesome, always after fresh samples myself so well on this! Nice one (y)

- - - Updated - - -

I have a question about bass actually; Say you've got a bunch of resampled basses that have lots of movement but in turn the sub frequencys now sound horrible, do you have any tips on cleaning this up or would you painstakingly do a dedicated sub? Deep down i know the answer but just wondered if there was any techniques to utilise the sub in the bass.

Cheers!

Ez Russla, thanks for buying the pack, let me know what you think.

In what way horrible? No sub now? Sub is too modulated, ie too much movement in the sub?

yeah will post back about the pack in a bit. It's hard to describe but it just sounds really muddy in simple terms. It's like doing a strange LFO type wobble that isn't even slightly close to what the bass is doing.

Had a listen, sounds like it got too distorted along the way and lost the bottom end, i would just replace the first sub hit, which is low passed and keep the tonal ones if that makes sense. If you use similar distortion chain it all should sound as one. V

thankyou Mister Ape, please let me know what you think of the pack ;)

Always looking to improve the content for you guys

depends which bass :)

Not that often tbh, more Novation Supernova 2, and soft synths such as the U-he synths

Had a listen, sounds like it got too distorted along the way and lost the bottom end, i would just replace the first sub hit, which is low passed and keep the tonal ones if that makes sense. If you use similar distortion chain it all should sound as one. V

Sound man, I get what you mean yeh. Thanks for checking it!

Everything is pretty awesome in the pack, maybe could do with a few more crashes and rides. Id personally prefer more dry basses as I'd do my own processing, they all have quite a bit of verb. I can see how this would help newbie producers tho :)

Pads section is on point!! Really clean samples all round, big up!

Extremely satisfied from the first pack. Buying now and excited to see the what the second pack holds. From a fan's perspective now, when we will some new tunes from you Villem? Solo work at least.

Last edited:

Inresponse to Sonic72:

Nope, 1st pack was Break/NFM/TS

2nd pack is Friction/Mako/BCee/TS

- - - Updated - - -

Everything is pretty awesome in the pack, maybe could do with a few more crashes and rides. Id personally prefer more dry basses as I'd do my own processing, they all have quite a bit of verb. I can see how this would help newbie producers tho :)

Pads section is on point!! Really clean samples all round, big up!

Noted for next time ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Extremely satisfied from the first pack. Buying now and excited to see the what the second pack holds. From a fan's perspective now, when we will some new tunes from you Villem? Solo work at least.

Been writing alot with Mcleod, we work faster together than seperately, and its generally more fun writing with someone. Do have a 12" on IM:LTD coming and Vandal Recs, which are solo vibes. Big up for the support :)

Back
Top Bottom