Brand new DJM450 or Second hand DJM800

Joey AdhD

sweaty scouser
VIP Junglist
Alright Ladies and gents.

so here is my predicament, I have sold my sold mixer, and i have 600 quid to spend on a new one.

Before you all start banging one like "get an Allen and Heath" i have owned an Allen and heath for the past 5 years and just fancy a change.

its a total toss up between a brand new DJM450 which is hot off the press, basically a 2 channel version of the DJM900 nexus, they have taken basically the most popular effects and filters, added a magvel cross fader (i like a scratch) and i am will to bag this brand new for £600.

djm-450-main.png

OR,

do i buy a second hand DJM800, there is one floating about there on ebay for 600, 5 years old, i doubt very mu;ch i will be putting together and 3 decks mixes any time soon, those days are long gone, so i prob wont need 4 channels but its always nice to have that option innit! I am just wondering if i will miss any of the effects?

I am running 2 technics with traktor and a kontrol MK2 at the moment, i am thinking the DJM 800 maybe over kill and it could fuck up on me being used.

I had a xone 42, 4 channels and i cant remember when i used more than 2 of them.

Me mates are saying brand new, what you lot saying?

Cheers.

Alright Ladies and gents.

so here is my predicament, I have sold my sold mixer, and i have 600 quid to spend on a new one.

Before you all start banging one like "get an Allen and Heath" i have owned an Allen and heath for the past 5 years and just fancy a change.

its a total toss up between a brand new DJM450 which is hot off the press, basically a 2 channel version of the DJM900 nexus, they have taken basically the most popular effects and filters, added a magvel cross fader (i like a scratch) and i am will to bag this brand new for £600.

djm-450-main.png

OR,

do i buy a second hand DJM800, there is one floating about there on ebay for 600, 5 years old, i doubt very mu;ch i will be putting together and 3 decks mixes any time soon, those days are long gone, so i prob wont need 4 channels but its always nice to have that option innit! I am just wondering if i will miss any of the effects?

I am running 2 technics with traktor and a kontrol MK2 at the moment, i am thinking the DJM 800 maybe over kill and it could fuck up on me being used.

I had a xone 42, 4 channels and i cant remember when i used more than 2 of them.

Me mates are saying brand new, what you lot saying?

Cheers.

I always buy new mate just cause I don't trust people selling me dodgy gear

Also if you are only gonna use 2 channels there is no point having a 4 channel mixer

my 2p

Back
Top Bottom