BPM's

Discussion in 'Classic 'Ardkore & Jungle' started by JunglistBreakz, May 5, 2014.

1. JunglistBreakz

JunglistBreakz New Member

I Know That This May Have Been Discussed Before, But I Thought Jungle Drum And Bass Was Meant To Be In The Range Of 160–180 BPM, Ages Ago I Followed This Tutorial To Determine Some BPM's On My Tunes And I Got Somewhere In The Range Of 80 BPM, The Lowest Being (I Think It Was Omni Trio Thru The Vibe Or Foul Play Finest Illusion) And The Highest Being 90 BMP Ascend And Ultra Vibe Real Love (Or The Other-side) I Did All Of My Tunes On Vinyl And It Was Only When I Finished That I Realised WTF!! Hardly Any Of These Even Go Over 100 Bpm, However When I Mixed Them They Were Perfect. I Thought It Was Some Mistake Or That All The Tunes Where Just Half The Real BPM So They Would Still Be Able To Be Mixed BUT!!! I Came Across This Today.

http://www.beatport.com/release/torque/99547

It States The BPM'S And They Range From 80 BPM - 160 BPM!!!!

So I Didn't Waste My Time Right?

2. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

Its just bpm counters and beatport fucking up. Beatport says that Damn Son is 107bpm, tap along to it with this http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm and youll find its 160.

Due to dnbs drum structure and irregular beat patterns, bpm counters will be unreliable, or usually count it as halftime. 87 for a 174 bpm tune for example.

JunglistBreakz likes this.
  3. JunglistBreakz

Cheers, I Did Wonder Whether Beatport Was Using A Counter.

4. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

Yeah as i found out awhile back its Beatport not putting the right BPM.

5. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

You must waste so much time putting capital letters in front of every word! Makes it so hard to read! Also Harry is right, I have some that say they're 115 or something. Doesn't matter tho I know they're Dnb speed

6. JunglistBreakz

Yep i know lol its a bad habit