Boycot - AKA bar (techstep revival)

mmmm, hella good. I love anything in this style. Add some longer notes into the bass line growl wobbly business earlier on like you do around 2:20.

Like: Bu wha bob bop bu wah bo bbbbbbbbbboooooooooooooooooooome waba boo wha bob opp be be be buwawawaboooooooooooo

Intro a bit too long for me. I like the vocal sample that leads in & drum and bass are fat & funky for sure, love the groove between these elements.

Thanks for the kind words and tips.
Nice one, I will keep on posting future material on this forum.
After hearing it on a mate's system, it seems that the bass lacks some low end (?), I'll have to sort this out.
I am making the intro shorter too, promise!

Thanks again for checking this out.

Don't be afraid to follow me on my soundcloud page :nuke:

Cheers

b

mmmm, hella good. I love anything in this style. Add some longer notes into the bass line growl wobbly business earlier on like you do around 2:20.

Like: Bu wha bob bop bu wah bo bbbbbbbbbboooooooooooooooooooome waba boo wha bob opp be be be buwawawaboooooooooooo

Thats sig material right there.....

Anyway, onto the track, Intro isnt really doing anything for me right now, but I'll definately let it play through, Maybe some subtle delay and reverb on those vocals would help...Nice drop, but bass sounds pretty basic right now, I agree that some longer notes would help this track roll, along with some filter envelopes opening up the bass every so often. I like the drum fills you used, but think the track would benefit from some more constant percussion work.

Overall, nice ideas, and production sounds pretty crisp

Back
Top Bottom