"Bowser" Sketch (should I loose the vocal?)

nothing wrong with the vocal imo, in fact i think you could cut various phrases out and drop them in at random points throughout the tune, ie before the beat kicks in you could have her sayin 'magnifies the power a thousand fold' or summat like that. drums are nice, like the variation in the hats as it goes on. can't comment on the bass cos i seem to have misplaced phones in the last half hour so listenin on laptop, if i find them i'll have another listen.

Vocal is fine I think. If it was mine I'd want some dynamics on the tail of the bass and maybe something done about the snare. Not sure if it matches up to the bass, being all verbed and slow attack sounding. Lot of emphasis on the hats, which sound good.
Really like the gated bits coming in later. Your stuff all seems solid, but from a personal point of view it all seems very precise, which can be both a good and bad thing in music imho.

I like things that are a bit different and I'm aware that they don't always come across on first listen, but after 4 listens that would be my feedback.

im feeling the percussions and snares are sounding pretty original, but i dont think the bass line is cutting it for me personally. really like the use of effects in the beat at the end thats probably my favourite bit! its not a bad tune just wasnt feeling the bass

Guys, I appreciate the listens and feedback... it's very helpful to hear what other ears are hearing. I'm thinking there's going to be a couple other minor Bass layers that are going to play back and forth with this main bass.

I should have this sequenced in the next couple weeks... can't wait to get thoughts from you guys on the finished product.

You guys rock, thanks!

dont like the bassline at all aswell. rest of the tune is solid. and if i was going to change something with the vocal, id put some automated reverb/delay on it so it doesnt cut out so abrubt.

bassline really needs some work mate. drums and general idea are good tho. could be a fun tune.

big ups.

dont like the bassline at all aswell. rest of the tune is solid. and if i was going to change something with the vocal, id put some automated reverb/delay on it so it doesnt cut out so abrubt.

bassline really needs some work mate. drums and general idea are good tho. could be a fun tune.

big ups.

Well that's a bummer that two of y'all think so poorly of the Bass riff. I wish it wasn't the case. I'm happy with it. It's Techy, it's hitting hard, and it's sitting well in the Mix. After I add some extra Low&MidRange Layers to play alongside/against the Bassline - maybe it'll work better for ya then.

Overall, with this main bass riff, the track'll be a Roller... but after adding some other layers, it might be a bit on the Techy side too.

thks for the feedback, guys!

Back
Top Bottom