'bout the money [WIP] - jumpup

groelle

VIP Junglist
Last edited:
Don´t know about the bass, m only hearing it thru shitty laptop speakers:D

I´d put another break under the beat to let it roll, pretty much a good effort tho, doesn´t sound cheap at all:)

the snare does sound a touch dry and the percussion needs some velocity variation - its a bit straight at the moment (maybe a sidechain) - liking the kick though - when the bass drops its not low enough for me - seems like you've got a massive gap between your sub and the bass - have a look at where its hitting on an analyser and maybe drop it an octave?? just a suggestions though - keep at it :)

yeh i agree with thin king on the bass, but i dunno i like the dry snare. try lowering the hp filter a bit more to link them

Don´t know about the bass, m only hearing it thru shitty laptop speakers:D

I´d put another break under the beat to let it roll, pretty much a good effort tho, doesn´t sound cheap at all:)

thanks ;) was about to put another one in there, but i didnt find the right one to go, ill put some more time into investigating :D

the snare does sound a touch dry and the percussion needs some velocity variation - its a bit straight at the moment (maybe a sidechain) - liking the kick though - when the bass drops its not low enough for me - seems like you've got a massive gap between your sub and the bass - have a look at where its hitting on an analyser and maybe drop it an octave?? just a suggestions though - keep at it :)

i tried to let the drums punch through that gap, think ive overdone it, will see what i can do. and with the velocity variation, never thought about it, thanks, ill try that!

yeh i agree with thin king on the bass, but i dunno i like the dry snare. try lowering the hp filter a bit more to link them

i like it aswell but i get what you mean.

big ups to you guys, some good points made already, very appreciated.. keep em coming ;)

i like it... just needs some mixing down i think! i am listening on the shittest headphones ever mind....

no worries groelle - its defo got potential - I'm looking forward to your next post!! oh and when I'm trying to create space for kick and snare in bass sounds I normally use a notch eq on the bass i.e. droppping the eq at each frequency about 2-3db with a steep q (100hz ish for kick and 200hz ish for snare - obviously this depends on where yours are hitting but thats always where I try to get mine to be) this couple with some light side chaining (if you want) should make them punch through nicely without losing to much of the bass energy - obviously shelf eq'ing is an alternative (as it seems you've tried) but this can create massive gaps - I prefer to let each sound use as much of the spectrum as it needs and just punch holes in it so to speak with notch eq'ing to allow room - anyways feel like i'm ranting now so I'll shut up.

Last edited:
hey man i like the synth work. some of the hi hats sound pretty rigid tho as said above, try changing velocities, pitches, or moving the hits so they are not spot on each beat.
nice vocal aswell, where did u get it from?

This could be a killer track with some adjustment. Got my head nodding mate.
Drums need some eqing to bring them forward a little in the mix. Thins advice on the bass is sound. Good shit mate.
respect

thanks again for the kind words guys! would be interesting if you think that "gap" thinking meant is some kind of closed now or if it needs more adjustment

due to my uni work (wrote the first exam today^^) im still not finished.. well, its nearly finished, but i think i got to work on some variation and more fx. will post the longer version up soon. i tried to eq the drums a lil bit more, but think i mashed the kickdrum :/

and do you think the bass is ok, mates still keep saying it needs more. o_O
im not as happy with the fx anymore aswell, do you think i should rework it and only play it every 32 bars? or is it ok as it is?

thanks a bunch peeps, you gave me some good hints!! :)

Back
Top Bottom