BOUNCING PROBLEMS :(

Discussion in 'Production' started by D-Jhepz, Jan 16, 2013.

1. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

Im using logic 9...

I'm trying to process some bass but when i bounce down with the split freq method through sends it doesnt bounce the effects...

so the new channel still has the 3 sends and when i mute them the bass is exactly the same?!

help me plz

2. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

So are you trying to bounce down the frequency spilt bass? If so you need to output all those 3 buses to a new bus, create an arrange track and then bounce from there. I think thats right but I could be completely wrong :/ A screenshot would be helpful. Also it could be as simple as making sure you dont have 'Bypass Channel Inserts' checked on the bounce window, or something along those lines.

D-Jhepz likes this.
  3. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

mate ur a fucking star thank you sooooooo much!!

4. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

I just press 'S' to put it in solo mode. I don't actually solo any of the channels. I then highlight the areas I want to bounce. Hey presto it bouces the bass with effects. I tend to avoid bouncing any reverb on sounds as I may want to change the mix of the dry signal and the reverb during the mixdown stage.

5. Eternaloptimist

Eternaloptimist Active Member

yer you need to create an arrange track for the auxes. sometimes logic wont read the aux arrange signal so what u need to do is put some signal on it to trigger the read. just drag a hi hat before your bass and go to track - bounce in place and make sure include effects is checked.

6. sam the dnb man

Bouncing in place doesn't include effects based on aux sends. It might work if you place it on the arrangement window and create an empty midi region. It takes up and precious arrangement space though. I think it would be easier to use the aforementioned from myself and tingg!

7. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

same i do that and its like naaaa bruv not letting u... il try the send back to aux thing and see what happens but its long how much ram it takes up with several channels all processed to fuck

8. sam the dnb man

Yeah just highlight what sections you want and press S seriously man it takes two seconds. Press the standard bouce though not bounce in place.

D-Jhepz likes this.
  9. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

ahhhhhhhh same i read u wrong that also works a treat!!! thank u soo much... gonna get on the comp now sorted the drums and pads ;) see u at the finish line

10. sam the dnb man

No problem man!