Bounced file has no sound (Logic/Massive)

Discussion in 'Production' started by Eskei, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Eskei

Eskei Member

So I've made a nice reese bass in Massive, but when I try to bounce it to audio all I get is 5 seconds of silence.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Im guessing there's a very simple explanation but I'm lost...

Cheers chaps.

2. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Right click the Midi in the arrange, Bounce in Place, understand the check boxes, then bounce.

This is assuming you're on logic 9.. if not, then make sure you Solo the track, put a loop around the section, then Hit CMD+B, check settings, check Add to Audio Bin, done

3. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

To add, if bouncing in place keep in mind that the bounce will represent the position of the volume fader of the channel. Sadly, there is no option (that I know of) to bypass this hiccup–the dialog box only offers options to bypass plugins and automation.

For example, if you bounce in place the MIDI region and the channel is set to -6, than that will be reflected when the wave form is created from the bounce. Unless this is what you want, push the fader back up prior to bouncing in place. It's a bit of a pain in the dick.

4. Eskei

Eskei Member

Cheers guys, got this sorted earlier.