Borestep- What's the verdict?

freeagent

Almost 30
VIP Junglist
:carlton:

Is this really getting people dancing in the clubs? I love listening to Instru:Mental/D-Bridge/et al while I am on the planes/trains/automobiles, but does this style deliver on the dance floor?

What are you looking for to make your Friday/Saturday night out a successful brock-out?

always concerned,

The freeagent

Yeah, it depends on how educated the crowd is. Also, heaps of those songs make for wicked intro's aswell man, i use that instramental tune on the b side of d-bridges "wonder where" to warm in all the time.

Awesome for breakdowns in sets also.

I wouldn't sday it's boring. I think it has many layers that some people don't see/understand. Therefore - people can perceive it as boring.

I like diversity when I go out, nice to have the shit that tears your face off & some chilled out ting maybe earlier/later on in the night.

No it definately doesn't deliver in raves.

I've seen D-Bridge, Instra and Paradox (who slated other types of d&b on the mic throughout his set - wanker) play these type of sets and cleared the floor within 20 minutes.

Borestep

Sorry but I don't get bored when listening to it. Better than fucking Hazard isn't it?

Defo does deliver, saw d-bridge at hit n run a year or so ago an he killed it, I didnt nor did the rest of the crowd stop dancing or leave the floor for the entire 2 hours. But its more of a chilled out crowd that goes there not a bunch of scallies just dying to hear the latest hazard dub then they aint going to dance to it.

defs think theres a place for it in clubs.. personally a whole set of it is a bit much but and would kinda get a bit dull, but then you don't want a set which is literally banger after banger and doesnt really flow... so yeah i think it works in clubs for interludes between heavier stuff to make sets flow better

if you're talking about autonomic sets, then it's either got to be the first or last set of a night. chucking it in the middle of a dnb night just doesn't do it for me.
still not massivly over keen on this sounds. but thats only because it seems to be comming with this 'hollier than thou' attitude right now.

if you're talking about autonomic sets, then it's either got to be the first or last set of a night. chucking it in the middle of a dnb night just doesn't do it for me.
still not massivly over keen on this sounds. but thats only because it seems to be comming with this 'hollier than thou' attitude right now.

:word:
and ppl straight away think people who aren't overly keen on this sound are all jump up gypsies?!
I like loadsa of different styles but personally I would not want to hear these tunes at a night out, much prefer some zero g, spectrasoul, break, hazard, pleasure, netsky.. all about variation, but u need tunes with some oomph if u ask me!!

what is this 'borestep'... anyone wana show me some audio examples, as i have a feeling i know what it is and it is a dancefloor clearing agent (although good to listen to whilst chillin, hight etc)?

Boring, not at all.

This is the future of drum n bass as far as im concerned. people like Instrumental, D Bridge, ASC, rockwell, Data, June miller, Oak, Bop ect are pioneering that new sound. The reason people might say its booring is because its not that standard forumla that drum n bass usually is. This last year alot of people have started making drum n bass the way that they wont to, and expressing themselves more. Rather than making a tune for the dancefloor.

This sort of drum n bass has alot more character to it, alot more warmth and real sound. Rather than people re creating those screatching wobbley basslines which have been used time and time again. These sort of sounds really do go off in a club, they sound so bad on a good system.

I know people at times think WTF is this? Is it dub step or summint? noo its not, thats drum n bass!! So much more to come in the future and it really is a turning point in dnb. As said before its the future of dnb!

Last edited:
this stuff it really gives u something to think about... june miller and data set at renegade hardware was deep. i think these people are really helping to push the boundries even if its in a subtle way they are clearing space in drum and bass and making it more diverse, adding a different dimension in a way.

is there anybody riding to blu mar ten being all elite and on there high horse about it...???? surely not#?????

you know its funny how many ideas go into this type of music;
yet you guys wanna dub it "BORESTEP"
and the elements that are put into a jump up tune nearly every time are generic and repetative.

Last edited:
^^ first iv ever heared of it being called borestep, id just call it really really mellow dnb. it has its place, but the future of dnb? im not so sure!

I've seen D-Bridge, Instra and Paradox (who slated other types of d&b on the mic throughout his set - wanker) play these type of sets and cleared the floor within 20 minutes.

That says more about the crowd than it does those artists, in my humble opinion.

Also, the fact somebody would fob it off & even bother to come up with "borestep" says more about them, than it does the style of music.

Last edited:
"Borestep" definietely has its place in clubs and sets,

but would never go so far as to say it is the future of DnB

i remember when d bridge and instra:mental went on fabio's show on radio 1a couple months ago and they said in the interview that they were only making that style of music because its what they wanted to do not to get on there high horse and try andshow that other styles are shit...
i like there music but personnaly i'd rather listen to it going on the bus or when i'm chilling at home but its that more musical or atmospheric than wobble

I've seen jump up DJs clear the dance floor in less time, there's people who know how to do it and those who don't...

June Miller b2b Data SMASHED the dancefloor at renegade. No question.

Back
Top Bottom