Borat gets beaten up!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by sdm, Nov 13, 2006.

1. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

[​IMG]

[Source]

Unlucky Sacha :borat:

2. mesh

mesh Active Member

New York probably isnt the place to get in stranger's faces and ask for their clothes. He was on Bondi in Sydney chasing young bikini lasses yesterday, I think that would be more fun. For him anyway.
    :bone:

edit - some quotes from his press conference:

CONFERENCE ANNOUNCER: (This is) Bob Gordon from Express Magazines. Bob, hi.

BORAT: Very nice moustache. Thank you, Bob.

Perhaps you would like to come my hotel room later. We can drink vodka, wrestle with no clothes and shoot dogs.

and also:
    "In our country it is not the man with the most votes who wins, it is the man who can suspend the heaviest weight from his testes satchel," he said to NEWS.com.au.
    Our current premier can carry a car battery for almost eight seconds ... how long can (Prime Minister John Howard) suspend from his?"

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  3. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

It's not surprising he got punched, but I'm surprised it hasn't happened before, and also that he's bother to do 'Borat' without a camera crew present...

My fave clip from the sries is the Bruno one, with the party boy Wrestlers on Spring Break on the beach, getting all hyper, and shouting "P.A.R.T.Y!" before finding out their doing a link for Austria Gay TV!:lol:

I'm surprised he didn't get 'wrestled' for that one.

4. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

i read in "the sun" today, that a lota people who 'starred' are pissed with him and some major lawsuits are going to be filed against him. (Such as the jewish people whose bed and breakfast he stayed in)

5. D BREAKNECK

Yeah, I read that too, in The Times, there's one lawsuit already in progress from some men who appear drunk in the movie making racist & sexist comments who claim they were 'plied with alcohol' and encouraged to be outrageous, also the people in the peasant village were paid £3 each for appearing, and alledgedly signed consent forms to appear in a documentary...

6. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Surely he covered himself before getting these people involved, they must have had a legal team involved in this movie! I reckon nothing will come of the lawsuits.

Regardless, I'm going to see this movie tonight, woop!

7. mesh

mesh Active Member

did I hear a $70million figure for production budget? lawyers musta been in there

8. D BREAKNECK

Yeah. Lawyers must've been there, and I'm sure they got asses covered...

However I do know that film crews and producers (including big budget ones) can be very shady, and will do whatever it takes to get the shots they want...Including getting people very tipsy, misleading / partial explanations of what the footage will be used for, and small print in the release forms (contract).

&

Once people have signed contracts with major media, they're fucked basically. Well, no re-negiotiation...

When I made music videos, we had to sign all rights over, for use in all media, past, present & future, including media yet to be conceived, and in all countries, territories, including those yet to be discovered, including other galaxies...This is absolutely true btw...

:moe:

9. rmt

rmt sex for money plz?

Was there actual mention in the clause about other galaxies???

10. D BREAKNECK

Yeah, either 'galaxies' or 'solar systems' yet to be discovered are included in the video contracts with EMI and other major labels.