Bootleg is it legal?

Simple answer. No

Long winded answer....

Depends. If you are looking to make money from the track through a release then difinately a no no. If you are looking to play it out to crowds then probably no again, incase the wrong ears hear it. If you are making it for yourself and a few buddies to listen to then it's probably ok!

But to be fair, it's called a bootleg for a reason....y'know, the ol white label scenario!

No, not really, but it's pretty much fine as long as you're not making money from it...

If you start selling it, I'd expect to be in trouble then, if it does well enough.

yeah i wouldnt worry about playing it out or using it in mixes, you can do anything you want with it but sell it i think

yea if ur bootlegging a non dnb tune then will be fine to play out n stuff. just dont sell it, give it away free if u want, just dont try and make money on it.

If its a bootleg of a dnb tune then i wouldnt reccomend it tbh, and if u do just keep for ya mates etc..

fuck i miss all the old bootlegs/refixes that use to come out when i use to buy grime, it was kinda expected if you made a sick beat it would probably get a unofficial remix of some kind (y)

fuck i miss all the old bootlegs/refixes that use to come out when i use to buy grime, it was kinda expected if you made a sick beat it would probably get a unofficial remix of some kind (y)

Somebody's bootlegged one of my breakbeat hardcore tracks with some dodgy french rapping...hahah

http://deejaydan1982.livejournal.com/54920.html

It's the same deal as posting other people's music to youtube, playing it out, using it in downloadable mixes etc if you ask me. Fact is, the Internet is a labyrinth of unsigned music. The more people that hear your track, the more potential buyers you have. There's always going to be piracy on the Internet, but everybody learned from Napster's mistakes - don't sue your customers, find out how to take money from them instead.

Somebody's bootlegged one of my breakbeat hardcore tracks with some dodgy french rapping...hahah

http://deejaydan1982.livejournal.com/54920.html

It's the same deal as posting other people's music to youtube, playing it out, using it in downloadable mixes etc if you ask me. Fact is, the Internet is a labyrinth of unsigned music. The more people that hear your track, the more potential buyers you have. There's always going to be piracy on the Internet, but everybody learned from Napster's mistakes - don't sue your customers, find out how to take money from them instead.

French?
russian

Back
Top Bottom