boom boom boom - let me hear u say COMPO

sounds like an idea
had trouble making anything recently maybe a comp will get the creative jizzes flowing

hell yeah compo, what do you say? elmar, groelle, and the sesquicentennial elzerk are in, so that means, so far that makes six, which is not a bad start.
we need a concept, so far the idea of underwater music has been presented. which i think sounds hilarious but im going to throw some of the usual suggestions in with it:

old school jungle techno compo, no sample pack
make a tune using only one synth. the same synth for every one btw, or no deal.
old school techstep compo with sample pack

i think if last time we did future music compo maybe a retro compo could be relevant. i dont know.
anyone up for making the sample pack. wonder if we can get system800 in on this that would be dope

lol underwater music - thats so random - not sure if thats good or bad. certainly would be wet.

was thinking if it was easier/quicker not to do a sample pack. we could instead have one sample that must be used in the track somehow? like maybe a film clip or some other non instrument audio.
just throwing that out there

Or make a track that is entirely synthesized? Including drums, no audio is aloud whatsoever? Apart from when used in granular synthesis?
Make it so that you can't have any audio tracks and you can't use any drum machines. Maybe have limitations on what software people can use.
For Example: The only synthesis plug ins Logic users can use are Sculpture & ES2 And the only 3rd party plug ins people can use are massive & absynth or something like that.

I would be up for entering if I have some decent plugs.

Hmm, underwater sounds a lot of fun abstract shizzlewizzle. Synth only is hard to supervise by the judges and it's just time consuming tuning, anyone can by layering and granulizing + fucking signal make a decent track out of it, I'd say let's have humongous limitations! Like only using one sample and penis to make the tune.

I'm more subgelatinoid than "a 150th anniversary or its celebration"

Last edited:
Or make a track that is entirely synthesized? Including drums, no audio is aloud whatsoever? Apart from when used in granular synthesis?
Make it so that you can't have any audio tracks and you can't use any drum machines. Maybe have limitations on what software people can use.
For Example: The only synthesis plug ins Logic users can use are Sculpture & ES2 And the only 3rd party plug ins people can use are massive & absynth or something like that.

I would be up for entering if I have some decent plugs.

making drums with the ES2 is easy... but what about the EFM1 and ESE? i need thems... also the ES1 because of the filter key follow

also I'll happily make the sample pack.

In fact, I'll start work on a sample pack tomorrow, and I'll PM it to karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Mebe everyone has to try and invent a new genre

Come up with new sounds, but not just random squeelex shit.

Set a BPM, and everyone goes from there.

Just throwin' ideas. It ain't nothin'

Mebe everyone has to try and invent a new genre

Set a BPM, and everyone goes from there.

That sounds fun, like, 10bpm and then inventing a new genre, I don't think there are genres that are usually 10bpm.

ima gettin ma swag on a waltz-break-bass-music then.

dunno, maybe just make it a sample comp aswell. most of the time, these are the coolest.

making a tune out of one sample sounds good aswell! should be a kick or a snare tho imo or a break!

Back
Top Bottom