boom boom boom - let me hear u say COMPO

Here's a recap niguh.

ok! alright! so:

the water compo!

concept: water!

style: has to be dnb somehow, dubstep is accepted too i suppose. but water in some capacity.

samplepack: joint effort by dibby and elmar, dibby how are you going, are you about ready? elmar can you see me on msn yet?

additional twist: you can record your own vocals. whispering, singing, talking, rapping, anything you can think of, but it has to be original recordings of a person vocalising on the mic, so no sampling acapellas or other songs or the tv or radio, and no turning your sampled vocals into synths or effects or similar. vocoder is allowed as long as you retain a certain vocal quality to the sound.

deadline: three weeks to a month from launch i think should do it, depending on how many submissions we get.

prize: i dont know, i put up the prize last time, can anyone else suggest something? except for hoes, big money, big fat chronic sacks and an AK-47 and so forth, which admittedly are all good prizes, just not practical, you cant even send a hoe through the post.

im going to count everyones who said they are in so far and list them, and i just spoke to vidual who says hes in too! so were looking good so far

so far we have the following people on board,
only listing the people who has explicitly said theyre in:

*everyone here*

so 20 guys +, which equals mad playaz really, are in! biggles!

with this kind of support we could go live next week if we get the judges and the samplepack sorted , its only like thats all we need to do and then its go-time!!
its going to be brutal aquatic drum and bass compo. nautical techno compo. wavey wobbly deep sea bass, or perhaps smattering waterfall drums, or why not indeed a conceptual tune about a a a civilization on the bottom of the sea. german merman vocals. could be fun, you know.

naturally, judges cant compete. so once everyone is done, its an open public poll, where you can see whos voted for what (not allowed to vote for yourself), and then the three top tunes go to the judges for review. there will be one winner and one public favorite. the prize goes to the judges winner but the public fave, hes held in high regard amongst the 40 odd voters this usually attracts. we should promote the voting part this time so we get more voters, everybody put the link to the voting thread in your sigs when its time. right? cos last time we didnt promote it at all and there werent that many votes, which is a shame really.

Last edited:
Here's a recap niguh.

ok! alright! so:

the water compo!

concept: water!

style: has to be dnb somehow, dubstep is accepted too i suppose. but water in some capacity.

samplepack: joint effort by dibby and elmar, dibby how are you going, are you about ready? elmar can you see me on msn yet?

additional twist: you can record your own vocals. whispering, singing, talking, rapping, anything you can think of, but it has to be original recordings of a person vocalising on the mic, so no sampling acapellas or other songs or the tv or radio, and no turning your sampled vocals into synths or effects or similar. vocoder is allowed as long as you retain a certain vocal quality to the sound.

deadline: three weeks to a month from launch i think should do it, depending on how many submissions we get.

prize: i dont know, i put up the prize last time, can anyone else suggest something? except for hoes, big money, big fat chronic sacks and an AK-47 and so forth, which admittedly are all good prizes, just not practical, you cant even send a hoe through the post.

im going to count everyones who said they are in so far and list them, and i just spoke to vidual who says hes in too! so were looking good so far

Welp, there goes all my suggestions. :)

I almost entered this.. Then yesterday i was sitting here and found a DOPE sample of Bruce Lee talking about water lol... I can't wait to hear some of the entries..

Here's a recap niguh.

I almost entered this.. Then yesterday i was sitting here and found a DOPE sample of Bruce Lee talking about water lol... I can't wait to hear some of the entries..

DAMMIT!! You just gave away my clutch sample!! :) I ripped that sample awhile back and it's the first thing I thought of with this contest, lol.

Hey, joining this thread a little late but just want to say I"M IN!
Sounds like a wicked idea for a compo, love the underwater theme!!!
ALSO - Think it might be a really good idea to promote the competition on facebook as well- or any other way to get the entries heard by a wider audience would be very beneficial for us all!

welcome on board marcel! yeah please promote the shit out of it on facebooks or anywhere you can really, we have enough contestants, i think anything above 10 submissions is pure bonus (we get 15-25 normally, would rather not have less than 8), but voting has always been a bit scarce, we got like 30 or 40 votes last time, including the contestants, which is very little, and thats because we didnt promote it at all. enough to determine winners but i would like more voters this time around, so when its voting time, everyone put a link to the voting page in your sig, on your facebook, myspace, soundcloud, google plus and hotmail it too. aim. icq. directconnect.

sample pack is ready!
prize is ready!
judges are not ready, who are the judges? modern, iv4(?), aaaand who else?
deadline is one month starting tomorrow.
concept is water!
youre allowed to record vocals and water.
cant vote for yourself.
contestants may be challenged to explain how they came up with a certain sound. this has never happened before but it could, so keep that in mind. a little.
ill have the thread up tomorrow. at its latest.

sample pack is ready!
prize is ready!
judges are not ready, who are the judges? modern, iv4(?), aaaand who else?
deadline is one month starting tomorrow.
concept is water!
youre allowed to record vocals and water.
cant vote for yourself.
contestants may be challenged to explain how they came up with a certain sound. this has never happened before but it could, so keep that in mind. a little.
ill have the thread up tomorrow. at its latest.

i'm happy to judge if you want as i'm not entering anyway

Headache-puppy-does-not-approve-234.jpg

Back
Top Bottom