Bonus of having an Audio Interface?

IRuBikX

Yeah so whats the bonus of have an audio interface, my speakers are connected buy usb and the jack on my pc, what benfits would i get having an audio interface? I've got other shit like a keyboard and akai mpd drum pad.

Depends on what audio interface you're talking about, I have the E-MU 1616.
You have two XLR inputs for guitars and microphones, a headphone output with 1/4" jack and volume control, monitor output.
Eight out- and inputs 1/4", and of course the DSP processing emory on the interface, which is used by plugins you use in your DAW instead of your PC's memory and CPU, that way you can have a lot more plugins in your project before the PC is having a hard time.

Next to that there are so man more things, too many to talk about.

Much better performance while actually in the DAW is the main reason. IE; less clicks and lower CPU overhead means you get lower latency and more performance from your VST's and subsequently, smoother graphical feedback.

Better signal to noise ratio (less background noise).

And the main reason - you'll get a shiney new tray icon to look at.

Recording is cleaner, less CPU overloades, using hardware for daw, no hiss when mixing, (sometimes) two headphone jacks, in general a cleaner setup

I would say the biggest advantage is sound quality, and also flexibility.

A good audio interface will give you better audio quality than inbuilt soundcard, or some weird usb speaker stuff. Many of them have midi and preamps for recording with. You generally get lower latency with better interfaces.

Plus, you can take the analog audio output and send it to different things, like tape machines, expensive amps and high quality monitoring speakers. SPDIF out can be useful too. Having all separate components allows you to upgrade parts individually, which is always nice if you plan on getting serious and investing time and money in the long term.

Personally its the ability to have all things musical at the touch of a buttons,
Its merely the compression of the music production network,
From hardware to software ;]

Back
Top Bottom